Chapter 14: Yun 2.0

A week had passed since the match, and Lev finally mustered up the courage to go and see y/n. He felt awkward texting her, asking if they should get together, so instead he decided to go to her school, and meet her there. The Tokyo International School wasn't too far from his, and he ran as soon as school ended to make it in time. He got there and saw students walking out, and leaned against the gate, waiting. It wasn't long before y/n walked out, but to his dismay, he saw a boy walking beside her. The boy was tall, with tan skin and light brown hair that hung messily over his eyes. Lev noticed that he seemed to be half Asian too. Y/n hadn't noticed Lev, and as she walked out of the school gates, Lev called out to her. She looked back, surprised, but smiled when she saw him. She whispered something to the boy, before rushing over, the boy trailing not far behind.
"Lev, what are you doing here?" She asked. Lev noticed her quickly looking him up and down, and he remembered this was the first time she had seen him in his school uniform.
"I thought I would meet you here, and maybe we could go get something to eat," he said, before adding, "sorry I didn't warn you."
"No , no, it's fine," she said. Behind her, the boy stood tall, and he eyed Lev. Lev already decided he didn't like him, even if he was y/n's friend.
"Oh, Lev, by the way, this is Kenzo, Kenzo this is Lev." They greeted each other, but it wasn't in a friendly manner.
"You're the family friend, right? The one who showed her around Tokyo?" Kenzo asked, some what assertively. His Japanese was surprisingly good, but Lev guessed it was because he was half, like himself. Lev nodded. Lev was happy y/n had mentioned him, but he didn't like the way the guy questioned him.
"Well, Kenzo and I were going to go get ramen at the restaurant you showed me, but come with us! I told Kenzo it has the best ramen in Tokyo, and I'm planning on proving it to him." Lev was annoyed at the fact that y/n wanted to take him to the restaurant. Obviously it wasn't off limits, but still. She also seemed oblivious to the tension between the two guys, and when she had mentioned Lev coming with them, Kenzo narrowed his eyes. Lev was going to agree, when a girl ran up to them. She seemed out of breath, and she spoke frantically in English to y/n, which Lev couldn't understand. Y/n replied back in English, sounding apologetic. Kenzo obviously understood, so she turned to Lev to explain.
"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot I had promised I would help set up for Parents' Night later tonight. I'm really sorry guys, I have to go!" She tried to say more, but the girl was already pulling her away. At least it seemed that y/n had made good friends, and Lev was glad.
"Are you and y/n close?" Kenzo asked, sounding defensive.
"Yeah..." Lev said cautiously.
"Good, so you can help me. Look, I really like her, and I was thinking of asking her out. Since she's new here, I thought the perfect date would be to take her to Tokyo Tower. Since you showed her around Tokyo, do you know if she's been?" Lev felt his mouth drop slightly, but he quickly fixed his expression. The way Kenzo said this sounded like a warning, as if he was daring Lev to say that she had already been. This guy bothered Lev, and the idea of her going to the tower with him bothered him even more.
"Yeah, I actually already took her there," Lev spitted out, knowing full well he was lying. Kenzo raised his eyebrows and let out a chuckle.
"That's funny, because y/n told me just this morning in class that she hasn't been since six years ago, with her parents, and that she'd love to go again." Although Lev was physically taller, it felt like Kenzo was looking down on him. Lev glared at him, but he only rolled his eyes.
"Figures you would lie," Kenzo said, and walked away. Lev wanted to defend himself, but didn't know what to say. He hated the thought that Kenzo was going to ask y/n out, but it's not like he could stop y/n from agreeing. He stood there, staring daggers into Kenzo's back, when he his phone got a text message. He smiled when he saw who it was from.
I'm so sorry that I had to leave, especially since you came to my school, but let me know when you're free and we can do something!

*the next day at Tokyo International School*

School had just ended, and you began to pack up your bag, when you felt someone come up behind you.
"Hey, y/n, I was just looking for you. Do you think we could talk, quickly?" You looked up, and saw Kenzo smiling at you.
"What's up?" You asked. The classroom had emptied out, and it was just the two of you. He sat on one of the desks, leaning back.
"So, I know we've become good friends, and I really like you, but not just like that. I like you as... more than a friend." he was talking carefully, slowly, and you could see where this was going. He didn't look you in the eye, and you felt your heart quicken as he continued.
"I was thinking, and I thought we could go for a date. I know you mentioned you wanted to go see the Tokyo Tower, so I'm thinking we could go there."
You didn't know what to say. You really liked Kenzo, he was funny but not obnoxious like many teenage boys were, and he was definitely cute. Part of you was attracted to him, like with Yun, but you knew deep down, it wasn't the same feeling as with Lev.
"Kenzo, I... I definitely like you too, and the idea of going to the Tokyo Tower sounds amazing..., but I just,"
"Lev helped," he said, cutting you off. That comment had taken you by surprise.
"I asked Lev about it yesterday, and he said he thought it was a great idea. He actually said he thought we'd be really cute together," Kenzo said, laughing lightly. Huh? You thought. Lev actually wanted you to go on a date with Kenzo? Although you didn't want to consider it, you had felt the tension between the two yesterday, and even though you believed Kenzo, part of you was skeptical. You studied Kenzo's face, trying to see a sign of nervousness, but he seems confident in himself. Yun 2.0, you thought to yourself.
"Kenzo, I do like you, don't think I don't, it's just..." you sighed.
"Can I think about, and then tell you? Please don't take it the wrong way, it's just to me this is kind of out of the blue, and..."
"Of course," Kenzo said, and that surprised you. He didn't seem disappointed in the slightest. He hopped off the desk, and walked towards you, smiling coyly. He leaned him, closer than he had ever been before, and you felt your palms grow sweaty.
"Just know, I would make the day 10 times better than any day you've spent exploring Tokyo so far." That comment ticked you off, because you knew he was referring to Lev. With Yun, and now Kenzo, it was always a competition, who had the better kiss, the better day planned, and you had to stop yourself from rolling your eyes.
"Don't keep me waiting too long," Kenzo said playfully, making his way for the door, and for the first time, his confidence annoyed you.