Chapter 11: Barefoot

Your legs ached, probably from wearing heels for so long, and you stopped to rub your ankle.
"You ok?" Lev asked, as you gently massaged the tender spot.
"Yeah, it's probably because these shoes aren't made for long walks," you said.
"We're near your apartment, only a few more streets," Lev said, and you groaned.
"You think you can make it?" Lev asked sarcastically, and you rolled your eyes.
"You're not the one wearing the uncomfortable shoes." Lev studying your feet for a second.
"Take them off."
"What?" You asked, still focused on rubbing your ankle.
"Why don't you walk barefoot?" He replied.
"On the dirty streets of Tokyo? Definitely not."
"C'mon, the streets aren't that bad. And weren't you complaining about how much it hurt?"
"I'd rather wear them than walk without shoes," you insisted.
Lev laughed, leaning down. You had lifted your leg up so that you could rub your foot without bending down, and Lev reached for you foot. Before you could stop him, he slid off your black heel, and began walking away.
"Lev, what the hell?" You exclaimed, struggling to keep balance on one foot.
"If you want your shoe, start walking." He called over his shoulder, already walking away.
"And you might want to take the other one off too, so you don't fall."
"Lev, get back here..." you mumbled, annoyed. You started to wobble towards him, cringing as your one foot touched the cool sidewalk. Lev looked back at you and laughed, making you more annoyed.
"Fine." You took off your other heel and began to run towards Lev, determined to get your show back. Seeing this, he picked up the pace, jogging lightly.
"Lev, no fair, I'm in a dress and barefoot!" You complained. He slowed down, and you reached for your shoe, but he held it high above his head.
"Seriously? Your height gives you an unfair advantage," you grumbled, and jumped up to try and reach it. Once you realize he wasn't going to give it back, you sighed.
"Fine, but if you're going to be like this, you might as well hold my other one," you said, handing him the other heel. He took it, and you walked ahead of him, annoyed.
"Don't you feel better?" He asked, his long strides making it easy to catch up with you.
"I feel annoyed," you shot back, but your slight smile gave away your true feelings. Yes, Lev was annoying, but your feet did feel much better. You tried not to think of how dirty they were becoming as you walked. When you reached the apartment building, Lev handed you the shoes.
"Finally," you said, taking them from him. Not thinking about what you were doing, you placed a hand on his shoulder to balance yourself as you put your heels back on. He didn't say anything, but his cheeks reddened slightly.
"How are you getting home?" You asked.
"Alisa texted me that she could pick me up," Lev answered.
"I thought she was busy?" You said, and Lev shrugged.
"You should go inside, you said your feet were hurting." You smiled, appreciating that he cared.
"No, I'll wait until she comes."
"It's fine, Alisa said she'll be here in five minutes," he said, showing you her text.
"Five minutes isn't a long wait," you insisted.
"Go," he said motioning to the building entrance. "Really, I'm good here."
You stared at him, trying to decide.
"Alright, I'll go," you said, because you had to admit, your feet felt like they were on fire.
"I'm really glad we went out afterwards," you added shyly.
"Me too," Lev agreed, smiling shyly as well.
You looked at him, the handsome boy in front of you, and took a step forward. Lev seemed a little surprised, but you didn't mind. You got closer, and lifted your arms, wrapping them lightly around Lev's shoulders, barely in your reach. He seemed seemed taken aback, but his muscles relaxed, and he leaned down to accommodate to your height. You felt him place a gentle hand on your back, and you slightly tightened the hug.
"Thanks, for everything," you whispered softly and you heard him let out a breath. Because you were hugging him, you could feeling how fast his heart was beating, and you knew he could probably feel yours. You didn't let go right away, and you felt at ease. You hoped Lev felt the same.
"Am I interrupting something?" A light voice asked, and you immediately released Lev. You looked and saw Alisa sheepishly grinning at you guys from the car, and you felt embarrassed.
"That was adorable, you guys," she added, and Lev shot her a look.
"Y/n, I'll see you soon," Lev said to you, ignoring his sister, and he hurried toward the car.
You watched him, cheeks flushed. Your face was probably the same color as your dress.
"Bye, y/n!" Alisa called out, in an almost giggly tone, making Lev glare at her. He turned and waved at you, and you watched the car drive away. You headed inside quickly, replaying the hug over and over. Your hadn't even kissed, yet that moment made you feel much more giddy than when Yun has kissed you.

*in Alisa's car*

Alisa watched her brother, out of the corner of her eye, waiting for him to say something. He was smiling to himself, which was a good sign, and she couldn't hold it in any longer.
"That. Was. Adorable." She stated, and Lev looked at her, annoyed.
"What?" She asked innocently. "Can't a sister gush over her brother's love life?"
"Stop, Alisa," Lev said, and Alisa laughed.
"Keep frowning like that and y/n will definitely not want to kiss you." Lev perked up at those words.
"Are you going to kiss her?" Alisa asked, and Lev looked away.
"She hugged me," he said, almost in disbelief.
"That's good, that means she likes you. Now answer my question!"
"Do you know how annoying you are?" Lev asked.
"Fine, if you want to ignore the question, I'll answer for you. Honestly, I think you guys are adorable together, and if you do like her, you should tell her. Then, feel free to kiss her all you like!" Alisa laughed as her brother squirmed in his seat.
"Although girls obsess over you, you're not the best when it comes to actually making a move," she added.
Lev felt offended, but part of him knew it was true. A lot of girls had talked to him, asked him out, and he'd gone on dates, but being the one to initiate things wasn't his strong point. Girls fangirled over him, and he relied on his looks and personality to attract them, and they did the rest. Lev's teammates always told him he had a bit of an odd personality, but it seemed to work on girls. He hadn't responded to Alisa yet, and she decided to take a different approach.
"You have a match next week, right? Ask y/n to come, she loved it last time! Plus it's more fun to cheer with someone, and I'm sure the team would love the extra support." Lev lightened up.
"I think I will! I can't complain about having another girl cheer for me." Alisa rolled her eyes.
"I know the other guys will like to have y/n cheering for them too." She knew her saying this would annoy him, but she wanted to see his reaction. Lev chewed on his bottom lip, annoyed once again.
"Text her," Alisa insisted. "She'll definitely come."
Lev nodded, but didn't do it right away. However, once they had gotten home, he quickly went to his room, pulling out his phone and typing a message.
I have a match next week, want to come?