Chapter 10: Late Night Exploration

He led you to a very crowded street, one with an abnormally large night scene. There were lights and neon signs everyone, and the majority of the crowd were younger.
"Welcome to Ginza," Lev said, and you weaved through the crowd. With you in your red dress and Lev in his suit, added on to the fact that you were a foreigner, you both got plenty of stares. Girls tended to look at Lev, and you noticed a good portion of guys looking at you. Lev didn't seem to notice, so you chose to pay them no attention as well. It was hard to get through the crowd, and since it was darker, it was harder to keep track of Lev. At one point, you lost him, and you found yourself standing alone. You stopped walking and looked around, trying to spot him. You thought you had seen him, when a group of guys walked up to you, distracting you. They seemed a little older, maybe in their early twenties, and they eyed you keenly, looking you up and down. You felt uncomfortable, and took a step away from them.
"Are you here alone?" The tallest one asked, taking a step forward and giving you a sly smile. You shook your head.
"I'm looking for my friend," you said, but you knew that wouldn't shut him up.
"You're a very beautiful girl, and that dress is lovely..." one of the other guys said, trailing off as he stared at you.
"I should get going," you said, giving them a fake smile, and as you took a step back, you bumped into someone. You turned to see Lev standing behind you, an unreadable expression on his face. Maybe it was that you were so close to him, but he seemed to stand taller than usual. He stared at the group of guys, not saying anything. They sized him up, looked at each other, and shrugged, turning around.
"Bye, beautiful," the tallest one said, winking at you as he left, and you felt like rolling your eyes.
"Creeps," Lev mumbled under his breath, and you shuddered at the seriousness of his tone.
You subconsciously put your arms around your body, hugging yourself, and he looked down at you.
"I'm sorry, I walk fast, so I must have lost you in the crowd."
"Don't worry about it," you said, smiling to show him you were fine. Lev looked one more time in the direction that the guys had gone, and then he did something you truly didn't expect. He grabbed your right hand, squeezed it softly, and pulled you down the street. Your face must have shown your shock, because he lifted your held hands.
"This way, if I'm holding onto you, I know I can't lose you," he joked. His had was warm it yours, and you tried hard to suppress the blush you knew you had. You walked for a bit, before Lev stopped you in front of a store lit up with a million different lights. The largest light was a string of white fairy lights, strung in the shape of an ice cream.
"Pretty," you whispered, looking up, and Lev smiled at you. Inside, the wall was covered was covered from ceiling to floor in a large menu, with flavors ranging from Mango to Red Pepper. The cones the ice cream came in were colored too, which made your smile widen. You scanned the menu, Lev doing the same, and you settled on your choice. You ordered your ice cream, choosing a pink cone, and when you got it, you noticed that there was a heart shaped chocolate stuck in the ice cream. You noticed Lev didn't get one, and you showed it to him.
"For your beautiful girlfriend," the cashier said to Lev, and gave you a kind smile. Lev blushed, but didn't correct him, and you thanked the cashier. You and Lev sat down at the small outdoor seating the shop had, enjoying your ice cream. You both people - watched, letting time pass quickly. The street was bustling with all kinds of people, and you loved to imagine what kind of lives they led. You saw groups of high school kids, enjoying their Friday evening like you and Lev, and you smiled. You continued watching, until you sensed Lev's eyes on you.
"What?" You asked teasingly, and he shook his head.
"Nothing, you just seem really happy."
"I am," you said, leaning back in your chair. "I feel like whenever I hang out with you, I get to see the best parts of Tokyo." You hoped Lev was thinking back to the first day you had spent together in the city.
"Good," he said softly, finishing off his ice cream.
You guys began to walk back, slowly, not holding hands, but still close to each other. As you walked, Lev hummed lightly, an upbeat tune that made you happy.
"Excuse me," someone said behind you, making both of you turn around. There was a lady, quite short, probably in her fifties, staring at the both of you. In her hand she clutched a large camera.
"This may be inappropriate, but I was wondering if I could take a picture of you two?" You and Lev looked at each other, confused, as she continued.
"You're such a good looking couple, almost like models, and foreigners too, dressed so nicely, I would just love to have a picture of the two of you." She seemed genuine, and smiled warmly. Lev started to grin, and you knew what the answer would be.
The lady raised her camera, and you and Lev stood closer. You weren't exactly sure of what to do, but he seemed comfortable posing for the camera. He straightened up, and you did the same, both of you having the gift of height. He smiled coyly, and you felt an arm wrap around your waist, pulling you in closer. Your dress was thin, so it felt as if his hands were touching your skin. He nestled his fingers into the red chiffon, and it felt weirdly comfortable. If he felt confident enough to to that, then you would be confident too. You tilted your head, resting it softly on Lev's shoulder, and smiled big. Although you were tall, and had heels on, you still were at a height where you could comfortably do that, and it felt natural. The lady snapped a few pictures, and while she looked at them, you lifted your head. Lev's grip stayed firm on your waist, which you didn't mind one bit.
"These are great, let me take a few more," she said, raising her camera again. You and Lev posed, and you saw people staring as they walked by. To your surprise, three random people suddenly stopped walking, and took out their phones, also taking pictures.
"Looks like we've got a crowd," Lev whispered, making you laugh.
"These are amazing! Thank you both!" The lady said giddily.
"Are you models?" One of the men who was also taking pictures asked, and you shook your head.
"That's really kind, but no," Lev replied.
"Well, you and your girlfriend definitely could be," He said, and you noticed that once again someone called you Lev's girlfriend, and once again he didn't correct them. But then again, you didn't correct them either.
You and Lev began to walk again, and he seemed deep in thought.
"Alisa wants to become a model," he finally said.
"She's definitely be successful," you said, and you meant it. She was genuinely one of the most beautiful people you've ever seen.
"What about you, ever thought of being one?"
Lev looked ahead, thinking.
"I'm not sure what I want to do, but I've definitely considered it. Many people have told me I should, people besides my family, who probably feel like they have to say that," he said, laughing.
Automatically, you said, "you definitely have the looks." Lev looked at you, and he seemed happy.
"You think I'm attractive?" You blushed, not knowing how to avoid the question.
"I do think you're good looking. You and your sister could be a powerful modeling duo," you said, hoping to change the subject.
"I think you're beautiful too, y/n, and yeah, the thought has crossed my mind before, especially now that Alisa is pestering me about figuring out my future." You were listening to him, but your mind was focused on the first thing he had said. You replayed it over and over in your head. While you had struggled to compliment him, feeling nervous, he had said it so easily. I think you're beautiful.
By now, you had spent two amazing days exploring Tokyo thanks to Lev, seeing parts of the city that you hadn't visited before. It felt unreal, all of it; the move itself, spending time with him, having genuine fun in a city you were still getting used to. Although it had been Alisa's idea to get ice cream, you had to admit, it felt special with just you and Lev.