Chapter 27: What's Going On?

*TW: this chapter contains mention of drink spiking*

You and Alisa worked the rest of the week, spending your days either on her couch ruffling through wedding brochures or running around Tokyo making arrangements. The both of you had agreed that you would go out at the end of the week, to reward yourselves for the work and give you a little break, which you could tell Alisa needed more than you. If it had been up to her, you were sure the two of you would be out partying each night until the sun rose, to get rid of the stress. You were glad you were there to support her, and to stop her from turning into a complete Bridezilla.
After looking through the remaining wedding dress magazines Alisa had brought out, the two of you decided it was time to let loose for the evening. It was a Friday night, and the two of you got ready together, putting on some form fitting dresses, freshening up your makeup, and heading out downstairs, where Sho was waiting with the car.
"You ladies look lovely," he said, giving the both of you a kind smile and opening the backseat door. Alisa's lavish lifestyle took some getting used to, but you definitely weren't going to complain. Sho drove towards the partying district of Tokyo, where apartments and residential buildings turned into bars, nightclubs, and neon lights.
"I really missed this...," you commented under your breath, looking out at the vibrant nightlife. Sho dropped you off in front of a building adorned with blinding neon signs and purple strobe lights.
"Cool, right?" Alisa asked as you got out of the car. You noticed a line of people extending down the street, and two burly looking bouncers blocking the door.
"What is this place?" you asked, and Alisa directed you towards the front of the line.
"It's a pretty famous club here in Tokyo that just opened," Alisa explained, waving towards the bouncers. Seeing her, they dropped the cold act, greeting her and stepping aside. "Lucky for us, it's extremely exclusive, so the crowd shouldn't draw any creeps." You smiled, looking back at the line you walked past.
"And you're considered on the VIP list?" you said teasingly, watching the bouncers turn down a group of girls right behind you. It really did pay off to have a model friend, it gave you an experience of the lifestyle without any of the fame. Alisa winked at you, visibly proud of her status.
"Obviously." There were a couple of paparazzi taking pictures, but luckily the club's security team was doing a great job of blocking their view. Alisa pulled you in quickly, slightly shielding you from the cameras.
"We can't have any more encounters with the paps," she whispered teasingly, pushing you past the bouncers and smiling coyly at them.
"Another reason why fame isn't for me," you teased back, and she laughed. She led you through some doors, passing a couple of people lingering in the hallway. Entering the main room, you were immediately hit with the pounding music, and the tangy smell of alcohol.
"Follow me," she said, attempting to speak over the blaring music. She pulled you through the crowd, heading towards the large bar centered in the middle of the room.
"What can I get you ladies tonight?" the bartender asked, noticing the two of you approaching. Alisa ordered a drink, and staying true to your word, you ordered a soda.
"Boo, don't be so boring!" she complained.
"I have the whole rest of the month to get drunk, don't worry!" you yelled back, the music slightly drowning out your words.
"Fine," she replied, motioning towards the bartender. "I'll just drink for you!"
You and Alisa headed off to the dance floor, and you let yourself sway to the beat, swinging your hips back and forth. It felt really good to let loose like that, especially being with Alisa, and you grabbed her hands, twirling her around and laughing giddily. You noticed some people stopping to stare at Alisa, pointing at her and whispering, but you tried not to pay too much attention to it. Some took out their phones to take pictures, but to your delight, nearby bouncers were always there to remind them of the strict "no photos" rule the club had. Alisa had explained that it was to protect the privacy of whatever celebrities came to party, which impressed you. Plus, you had been out with Alisa before, which meant that you had gotten accustomed to the looks of awe and recognition on peoples' faces when they saw her. After an hour, you stopped dancing, wiping the sweat from your face.
"I'm kinda thirsty, I'm going to go grab another drink," you called out to Alisa, but she seemed to be in her own world. You headed over to the bar, ordering a virgin cocktail, and leaning against the bartop, looking out into the crowd.
"Are you here alone, gorgeous?" you turned, surprised, and saw that a young man had situated himself next you. Right off the bat, you became on edge, your instincts telling you to avoid him.
"Sorry, I'm here with someone," you replied, giving him a disinterested look.
"Then why are you at the bar all alone, huh?" he asked, leaning towards you. His breath reeked of alcohol, and you frowned, straightening up.
"I'm really not interested," you said sternly, and he raised an eyebrow, looking amused.
"I was just surprised to see a girl like you all alone, that's all," he commented, moving slightly away from you. The bartender then handed you your drink, and you took it, feeling the man's eyes still on you.
"Hey, y/n, over here!" you turned at the sound of your name, looking out into the crowd to see Alisa waving towards you. "I love this song, come join me!" she began to spin around, and you laughed.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." You turned back, reaching to grab your drink. The man still had his eyes peeled to you, and you walked away, trying to shake off the weird feeling you had. You took a sip of your drink, joining Alisa on the dance floor. The more energetically you danced, the more you got lost in the crowd, and you ended up losing sight of Alisa. Suddenly, your legs began to feel slightly wobbly, and you stopped dancing to steady yourself. You felt a little dizzy, and you rubbed your eyes. You looked through the crowd, trying to find Alisa, but faces began to blur together slightly, and you began to feel increasingly faint.
"Sh*t," you muttered, attempting to make a beeline for the bathroom. It was difficult to find a way out of the crowd, and you felt as if you were walking in circles. Placing your drink on a nearby table, you reached for your phone. You looked at the crowd once more, until you noticed a somewhat familiar face heading towards you. You recognized the silhouette of the man from the bar, and a red flag immediately went up in your brain. Your eyes were growing more and more heavy, and you kept walking, finally seeing the signs for the bathroom. Scrolling through your contacts, you began to stumble, and you reached over to hold the wall for support. It was like your legs were refusing to move properly on their own, and you could feel your body shutting down. You looked over your shoulder, and saw the man following you. You frantically searched your phone, the words blurring together until a name popped out. Haiba. Quickly clicking the number, you held the phone to your ear, forcing yourself to keep moving.
"Hello... y/n?" a man's voice replied.
"Alisa... where are you? I need your help..." you said, slurring your words.
"Wait, what? y/n, this is Lev. Where are you, what's going on?" You could barely hear the reply, you were too focused on pushing the bathroom door open.
"I really need help... I'm at the club bathroom... something's... wrong with me," you said, and heading towards one of the stalls, you locked the door, before falling to the ground, feeling powerless.
"What club? Y/n, please answer me! What's going on?" Lev said frantically. You stretched out your legs, trying to regain sensation. Your eyes were fluttering shut, and you closed them, trying to stop the pounding feeling in your head.
"The club... in the bathroom. I think someone drugged me... he's following...," you dropped the phone, blacking out and slumping down against the wall.
"Y/n? Y/n! Please say something! Sh*t!" Lev yelled through the phone before hanging up.