Chapter 21: Confession

Author's note: This chapter is a branch from Season 1 to Season 2!

*two months later*

"Alisa, hurry up, or else we'll miss the start of the game!" You were standing near the entrance to the gymnasium, impatiently waiting for Alisa to catch up with you. Lev's team had a game today, and you really wanted to get there in time to wish them good luck.
"I know the only reason you want to get there on time is to see my brother play," she teased from the parking lot, grabbing her stuff from the car. You rolled your eyes, smiling.
"Just get your stuff and let's go!"
You and Alisa hurried through the building, weaving through the last minute spectators entering the gym. It was extremely crowded, and you scanned the bleachers for Nekoma's section.
"There!" Alisa said, pointing to a section of the bleachers. She grabbed your wrist, dragging the two of you through the crowd and to some empty seats in front of the Nekoma supporters. As you walked towards the bleachers, you scanned the court for Lev, simply looking for the tallest player. You immediately recognized him, and saw him looking up at the bleachers, like he was looking for someone.
"Lev!" you exclaimed. He perked up, looking in the direction of your voice. You stopped for a second, waving towards him, and he broke out into a huge grin when he saw you. He jogged towards you, waving.
"I thought you weren't going to make it," he said.
"Of course we did," you said, leaning over the bleacher railing and smiling at him.
"I'm excited to see some of those spikes," you teased, and he blushed.
"I'm here too, you know," Alisa said teasingly, and Lev laughed. You looked over at Lev's team, and saw that they were beginning to warm up.
"Hey, shouldn't you get over there?" you asked, motioning to his team.
"Don't let us distract you, Lyovochka," Alisa said, and Lev nodded.
"Alright, I'll see you guys after the game," he said, turning to head back.
"Lev," you called out, reaching under the railing, in a fist. "Good luck!" He looked over his shoulder and smiled, walking back to the bleachers and reaching up to return the fist bump, before heading off. Alisa brought you to a section right up front, and you noticed a younger looking girl with brown hair sitting by herself.
"Akane!" Alisa called out, and the girl turned to her, smiling widely.
"Hey, Alisa!" Alisa hugged the young girl, and you stood there, wondering who she was.
The girl's eyes fell to you, and she tilted her head, looking surprised.
"Y/n, this is Akane, Yamamoto's sister..." Yamamoto? You remembered that being the name of one of Lev's teammates. "... and Akane, this is y/n, Lev's girlfriend." As soon as she heard the word girlfriend, her eyes widened, and she walked over, staring up at you.
"You're Lev's girlfriend?" She was staring at you with such intensity, that you looked to Alisa for help.
"Um, yeah... I am," you said, smiling in an attempt to seem more likeable.
"No. Way. You're so lucky!" She broke out into the largest grin, and gave you a large hug. You were a bit taken aback, awkwardly hugging her back.
"Alisa, how could you not tell me Lev has a girlfriend! And she's so pretty!" You and Alisa laughed at her enthusiasm, and although intimidating at first, you grew accustomed to her commentary. As you took your seats, Akane interrogated you on your relationship with Lev, asking all kinds of borderline invasive questions. Luckily, Alisa happily jumped in to fill Akane in, and they began to fangirl over Lev and you, making you slightly embarrassed.
"You know, I used to joke that Akane and Lev would get married someday," Alisa said, and you gave her a look. "... obviously not anymore,"  she quickly added as reassurance.
"I just can't believe Lev has a girlfriend now," Akane said, sounding slightly disappointed, her eyes following him on the court. You weren't mad though, nor did you hold it against her. She was younger, anyways, and who were you to say she had to suddenly stop having a harmless crush on Lev?
Being there with not only Alisa, but this time Akane as well, made the game even more exciting than usual. The three of you cheered like crazy, and groaned in unison whenever Nekoma lost a point. As the match neared its end, and Nekoma looked to be in the lead, the three of you stood up, glued to the railing. It was the final point, in Nekoma's favor, and as the ball soared over the net, each touch made you more and more anxious. Luckily, Nekoma was able to push through, and as the final score was called, the three of you jumped up and down, hugging each other.
"Go, Go Lev! Go Nekoma!" You cheered, waving your arms. Lev and his team were celebrating on the court, hugging and high fiving each other. You weren't just happy for Lev, but for the team as a whole. It meant the world that you were able to support Lev, and see him do something he loved. You liked volleyball, but getting to see the excitement on Lev's face as he stepped onto the court is what always drew you in.
"You should stop ogling at my brother like that, you look like you might drool," Alisa whispered teasingly to you, and you immediately snapped out of your trance.
"Stop," Akane said, elbowing Alisa. "Don't make fun of her for being in love." That last part surprised you, and you looked at Akane. She was smiling, but when she saw your expression, she gave you a confused look.
"What? Don't you love Lev?" she asked, and your mouth curled into a small smile. You turned your eyes back to the court, landing on Lev. You hadn't told him, or moreover admitted it to yourself, that you were truly in love, but seeing him there, you knew deep down how you felt.
"Yeah..." you said, grinning. "I do love him."

Season 2: Timeskip is out now :)