Chapter 9: Welcome to Tokyo!

Friday came quickly, and you found yourself frantically searching for something to wear. Your mom had mentioned that the restaurant was a fancier one, and so you should wear a dress. You had plenty of dresses, but no seemed to be the right one. Finally, after long deliberation, you settled for a red chiffon body con dress, one that hugged your body tightly. The color reminded you of the color of Lev's Jersey, and you didn't want to admit it, but you liked that. You put on a pair of classic black heels, added some simple jewelry, put on a face of makeup, and played with your hair, making sure each of your curls lay perfect. Once you were done, you looked in the mirror again, pleased with yourself.

 Once you were done, you looked in the mirror again, pleased with yourself

"You look gorgeous," your mom said, peeking her head around the door of your room

"You look gorgeous," your mom said, peeking her head around the door of your room. You felt gorgeous, and couldn't stop smiling.
When you arrived at the restaurant, the Haiba family hadn't arrived yet, so you took the chance to quickly go to the bathroom. As you walked, you looked around at the restaurant decor, impressed. It was indeed a fancy restaurant, with a black and white theme. The walls of the restaurant were black, painted with intricate designs of Japanese flowers, and classy black Japanese cutlery lined the sleek tables.
Once you went to the bathroom, you headed back to the table, and as you were, you noticed a tall man headed in the same direction. At first you didn't recognize him, but his grey hair was unmistakable.
"Lev!" You exclaimed, and he turned his head.
When he saw you, his eyes scanned your outfit and his mouth hung slightly opened, and suddenly you became very self conscious. The dress you were wearing was very flattering, huggging your curves, and the heels added a good number to your already long legs. Lev didn't look too bad himself. He was in a suit tailored perfectly for him, it seemed like he was taller than before. He definitely had good proportions, and him standing there proved.
"Wow... you look great," he said, smiling widely, but his eyes weren't meeting yours. They were trailing, looking you up and down.
"Thanks... you look really handsome," you said, and mentally slapped yourself for choosing that word. His smile grew when you said that, and both of you were blushing slightly.
"Everyone's at the table, I was just in the bathroom," Lev said, and although he was looking you in the eye now, he was still stealing a glance here and there. You nodded, and followed him back to the table. There, you saw your parents and the rest of the Haiba family, and greeted them.
"Y/n, you look gorgeous," Alisa said, hugging you tightly.
"So do you," you replied, impressed by her outfit. She wore a tight black dress and tall black heels, accentuating her figure, and her hair perfectly framed her face. Her blue eyes seemed to shine brighter than usual. The Haiba family was really blessed with good genes. Lev greeted your parents, and you said hi to his before sitting down in a chair next to him.
"Y/n, you've grown into such a beautiful young women," his mom said, smiling brightly in the same way Alisa does.
"And Lev gets more handsome everytime we see him, and taller too. And Alisa, you've grown so much, each time I see you I swear you get prettier," your mom added, and the parents smiled proudly.
"You know, sitting there next to each other, Lev and y/n look like a very good looking couple," Lev's dad said, motioning to you two.
"That's what I said!" Alisa chimed In excitedly.
"Dad, Alisa," Lev said, embarrassed, and you couldn't help but laugh.
The rest of the dinner went smoothly, and Lev's parents proposed a toast, welcoming your family to Tokyo. The food was delicious; it was a traditional Japanese cuisine, and you happily filled your mouth. Conversation revolved mainly around adult things, and you, Lev and Alisa often talked amongst yourself. You were in the middle of telling them about your new school, when Lev's dad turned to you.
"So, y/n, Alisa told me you have a boyfriend?" Everyone at the table went silent, and you felt heat rush to your face.
"No, no I don't," you stammered, the question taking you by surprised.
"This boy asked y/n for her number at the match, and she gave it to him. They went on a movie date, and Lev saw them there, right?" Alisa said, eyeing her brother. You felt yourself shrink lower into your seat, feeling uncomfortable. Lev nodded, but didn't say anything.
"Is this the boy you kissed?" Your mom asked, and there was a hint of a smile on her face.
When she said that, it took everyone by surprise. Your dad, of course, was frowning, Alisa raised her eyebrows at you, and Lev seemed agitated, his eyebrows furrowed.
"Yun kisses me," you clarified. "But we're not dating, and I don't think I'm interested in him like that." Although you were talking to everyone, what you said was mainly for Lev's ears.
"Yun..." Lev's mom said, thinking. "I recognize that name. He's in your class, Lev, isn't he?"
"Yeah," Lev said. He seemed surprised with the harsh tone of his voice, and he added, "he's... nice."
"Yun's cute, but I think you could do better," Alisa said, breaking the awkward silence.
"Yun's just a friend," you insisted, and that settled the discussion. Your parents started to talk about world politics, and you turned to Alisa and Lev, not sure of what to say. Alisa looked between you and Lev, before changing the subject. The rest of the dinner was pleasant, but after that conversation, you noticed that Lev couldn't quite look you in the eye. Once the dinner was over, you guys made your way out of the restaurant. Hoping to ease the awkwardness still present, you turned around to say something to Lev, who was walking behind you, and saw his eyes were lingering on the lower part of your body. You instantly blushed, and Lev's eyes shot up, and you decided to not say anything, turning your head back quickly as to not make eye contact.
As your parents were saying goodbye, Alisa turned to you guys, saying loud enough for the parents to hear, "before we go, do you guys want to get ice cream? We're near Ginza (author's note: Ginza is a popular shopping district in Tokyo), and there's some really popular shops there."
You were surprised, and looked to your parents for an answer, and they nodded happily.
"As long as you guys don't stay out too late, and keep us updated, I don't see why not. It's Friday anyways, go have some fun!" Lev's mom said. The parents left in their cars, and it was then just you, Lev, and Alisa.
"Will it be weird, walking in these clothes?" You asked, feeling self conscious in your tight dress.
"You're definitely going to catch the attention of a lot of guys," Alisa joked, and Lev shot her a look.
"I think you look fine," he reassured you.
"Oh, shoot," Alisa said, in a fake tone. She had pulled out her phone, and was frowning at the screen.
"My friend's on a date right now, and apparently the guy is really creepy, so she wants me to come get her out of there!" Lev raised his eyebrows.
"What about getting ice cream?"
"Oh, it's fine. You two go and have fun!" Alisa said as she winked at her brother, and they exchanged a look that you didn't quite comprehend. Lev opened his mouth to say more, but Alisa was already hurrying away, waving over her shoulder.
"That was... weird," you commented, and Lev sighed.
"Yeah.." he agreed, sounding as if he was unsure himself.
"Anyways, are we still going to get ice cream? I'm definitely craving some."
"Then let's go," Lev said, smiling a radiant smile once again.