11

Jules sat in front of Cassie's shrine and broke down

Jules sat in front of Cassie's shrine and broke down. She wanted to believe that what Oren was saying was solely because he was angry but a small part couldn't help but think he meant every word.

"I wish you were here Cassie" she whispered to herself. For hours, Jules sat on the roof in that same spot, crying.

"JC I've been looking everywhere for you" Shane said as he ran over to her "What's wrong?"

"I found this book I guess no one was supposed to see and Oren got so mad at me" 

"You and me both" Shane wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. "What did he say?"

"He told me that I'm selfish, I need to stop pretending like I care about him and, that I should've stayed in California" She said as tears continued to fall

"There's no way he meant those things. He'd be blind to actually think that you didn't care about him"

"I think I'm in love with him" She blurted out causing his eyes to widen. Shane was speechless. Of all the things he imagined Juliet to say when her emotions were all over the place, this was not one of them. "It's stupid but true and I don't know what to do"

"It's not stupid"

"Oren was right, ever since I got back I've caused more drama than ever. I should've came to visit Cassie then went back" A few tears started to fall as she sat back down next to Shane

"You're not seriously thinking of going back to California are you?"

"Why not? My dad is still there and my mom said if I wanted to we could go back"

"Jules, the world is the fucking problem not you. You don't have to pack up and leave just because things are getting hard"

"I'd have to think about it"

"Please don't leave" Jules shrugged and laid her head on Shane's shoulder

"Thanks for listening to me whine"

"JC I have to tell you something" She lifted her head and made eye contact "You remember how I was after Delia's performance because of a guy"

"Mhmm"

"The thing is the guy was Oren" she stared at Shane in silence "Please say something"

"How long?"

"A few months"

"So the day we were in my room and I was crying my eyes out over him was what? Fake pity?"

"Of course not"

"Do you see why I find that hard to believe?"

"I wanted to tell you but so much shit got in the way"

"Yeah I'm sure you did" Jules got up and left without another word.

The next day Jules knew everything was off with her because she didn't even feel like dancing. The conversations she had with both Oren and Shane played over and over in her head and really got her thinking about how stress free California was in comparison. The only thing that she hated more than showing her vulnerability was the drama that came with it and dramatic was the exact word she would use to describe how everything's been going. To take her mind off things she had decided to help Neveah with her plan to take down Ramon Costa.

"These are amazing Veah"

"Thanks, I just want to show Costa that he can't treat us like that"

"Your little art project won't change a thing" The two turned around to face Bette

"Ramon's an abuser. And abusers push until someone gets hurt or worse"

"Slow your roll, Norma Rae. I'm in."

"Since when are you against Costa?" asked Jules

"Let's just say I've had a change of heart"

"Ok what's your plan?" Bette reached into her bag and pulled out a ripped photo

"Found this in the garbage a couple weeks back. Might be enough to take down a god, since you can bet the girl on his lap, probably a student." Neveah and Jules looked at each other then back at Bette

"It is"

"And we know who"

"Ready?" Neveah asked as they stood outside

"Let's take down a monster" Jules smiled and Bette led them inside. The three stopped in the kitchen and prepared to break the news to Delia.

"Ramon was cheating on you with Cassie"

"If there was a better way to give you this news we would have done it but the three of us thought that you needed to know" said Jules

"There is no news"

"But your boyfriend was screwing a student!"

"You have to go to Madame. We would do it ourselves but she's not gonna listen to a word we say"

"Ramon just choreographed me to the best reviews of my career" It was clear that what they were saying was going in one ear and out the other

"Trust me it wasn't the choreography as much as it was your skill" Jules pointed out

"You're crazy" Bette called after Delia

"This is how it works, Bette" After she left it was clear that no matter what the girls said Delia would still be on Ramon's side. 

"This was clearly a waste of time" Jules said as she crossed her arms

"We can still win this. Come on." Neveah grabbed the picture and three of them made their way back to Archer.

"If Mr. Costa won't clean up his act, he's gotta go" Bette, Jules, and Neveah got the other girls to come into the common area and hear them out.

"If the rest of us complain, there are a hundred other girls just waiting to take our spots."

"That's what Costa wants us to think" Neveah pointed out "He loves it when we're at each other's throats."

"What would you know? You've been at this school five minutes, all because Cassie went and fell" Jules glared at the girl that made the comment

"If we stood together this one time, maybe we all wouldn't feel so alone" June chimed in. For most of the night the girls sat and made a game plan about what exactly they wanted and needed to do in order to take down Costa. It finally clicked in all of their minds that together they would actually have a chance at succeeding.

Balance is an act of faith. The masters talk about pulling up from the crown of the head or rooting down into the earth. But there is no magical thread connecting your head to the heavens. Nothing beneath you but the unforgiving wood of a stage floor. The trick is to fool yourself into believing you have roots or that you can fly, when all evidence says otherwise. And if you believe hard enough... you just might do the impossible.