16

"I feel sick" Paige said as she paced in front of the couch in the common area

"It wouldn't be the pill. It hasn't had time to kick in yet."

"I bet that asshole is out having a great time. No clue what I'm going through." Jules set a hand on her knee

"Paige, the guy needs to pay. He's a criminal and we can't let him get away with this"

"What can we do?"

"We get him on audio admitting he forced you" The three girls looked at Neveah

"No way I'm going back there"

"I will."

"June are you sure?" Jules turned back to her "This man seems dangerous and if he hurts you-"

"Like you said, we can't let him get away with this and if this is what has to be done to take him down then I'll do it." The group walked out of the common area and towards June and Neveah's to fully work out their plan.

While Neveah and June were finishing getting ready Jules stood inside Shane and Oren's room. Neither of them were there which is why she chose to do this now. The day she left Oren snuck one of his hoodies into her suitcase. She wore it almost everyday when she was gone but now it sat, hidden in the back of her closet and it didn't feel right to keep it. She walked over to his bed and set the hoodie down along with a necklace with a small O on it and a note explaining why this was the right thing to do. She wiped her eyes and quickly made her way out of the room.

"There you are, Bette's here" June said as her and Neveah walked up to the girl.

"Bette's coming?" Jules whispered to Neveah once they started walking

"Yeah why?"

"She hates me now that it's out in the open that me and Oren kissed"

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you"

"You don't share a room with her"

"Hurry up and get in bitches" Bette called out to them. The four spent the whole car ride going over the plan. Once they pulled up reality set in and they knew that there was no turning back now.

"You ready June?" She nodded. Bette and Jules were fixing her makeup and dress while Neveah set up the recording.

"All set up" Neveah handed June her purse and she made her way in

"She's got this" Bette reassured the other two as they made their way to the dock across from Michi. Everything was going according to plan. June was getting juicy information about the beach club and its connection to Archer. Once June was caught and the trio heard her struggling they rushed into the building.

"Shh! You're safe! You're safe!" The man, Travis, tried to reach for June's phone but Neveah stopped him

"You got some fucking nerve! The things you want and what you'll do to get them"

"Lets get her out of here" After calming June down the girls realized that tonight wasn't all bad

"You think we got enough?" June asked

"We have proof that Madame is whoreing out minors to a bunch of creepy old guys" Neveah turned around in her seat as Jules talked "That's more than enough" June looked over and noticed that Bette was holding her head

"Bette, are you ok?"

"What, yeah I'm fine"

"Look out!" A car was coming straight at them causing Bette to swerve and the car to crash.

Jules woke up to Neveah calling her name. She winced in pain and held a hand to her head as she noticed that June wasn't next to her anymore.

"Where's June" She looked around frantically "June!" Jules yelled out as she saw the girl getting up from the ground a few feet in front of the car and got out to see if she was ok.

"Is Bette okay?" June yelled to Neveah. It took a few tries but Bette finally woke up and tried starting the car "You are not driving" Neveah and Bette got out of the car and made their way over to June and Jules.

"I can't have them see me like this" When the cops showed up they started doing sobriety tests on Bette

"We have to call someone" June said

"Like who?" Jules asked

"I know who" Neveah pulled out her phone "Please answer" She started walking as she talked on the phone. 

"Help's coming" She said as they followed June's gaze over to Bette.

"Madame will get her out of this" June said

"Monique DuBois is gonna kill us. Did you not hear what that guy said?"

"Travis knows Monique" June said angrily

"Which means you can be sure he's already called her. We got to take her down before she does worse to us."

"Are you insane?"

"Can you guys calm down. We can talk about what to do tomorrow but for right now can we just appreciate the fact that we're all still alive" Jules rubbed at her temples as she spoke. The three stood in silence until a car pulled up and out came Delia and Oren. "You called Oren?"

"Who else could've got here that fast?"

"You okay?" Oren stopped in front of Jules who was still rubbing her forehead

"I have a headache but I'll be fine" She walked forward and stumbled a little

"I got you. Are you sure you're ok Jules?" 

"I'm fine, I just got a little lightheaded"

"Come sit down" They made their way over to the grass but before they could sit Jules collapsed.

It's an automatic pilot, muscle memory, zombie agents telling you how to move through life. Your conscious mind, the part of you you think is you, it gives over to the brain's deepest corners. It demands repetition again and again, as you build a bridge between thinking and doing, until you forget what you've even asked your body to achieve.