15

Jules practically ran all the way back towards her room

Jules practically ran all the way back towards her room. She felt embarrassed and wanted to disappear.

"Hey Jules, did you find Oren?" She stopped and looked up at Neveah who was sitting on a couch in the common area lacing up a pair of shoes. They made brief eye contact before Jules ran into her room, closed the door and, plopped down on her bed. "Hey, tell me what happened" Neveah said sitting down

"He basically said that I was the reason Bette broke up with him and found more ways to call me selfish"

"You don't deserve that" She comforted, softly playing with Jules' hair

"Veah I told him I was in love with him" She said through tears "It was in the heat of the moment but it's true and I feel so fucking stupid because he's an asshole"

"We can't help who we fall in love with"

"I wish I could"

"I know but things will turn around for you eventually" Neveah grabbed Jules' hand and squeezed it before leaving the girl alone. As soon as the door closed Jules pulled the blanket over her head and cried for the rest of the night.

The next morning Jules decided to stay in bed all day and for the most part she was alone, just like she had wanted. Usually she would have gone for a run to clear her mind but she had never felt this down before.

"I brought you something to eat" Shane said as he came in to check on her

"I'm not hungry" Her voice was slightly hoarse from crying

"It's ice cream" Jules sat up and held out her hand

"Why do you look like you saw a ghost?" Shane came over and sat next to her

"Because I kinda did" She raised an eyebrow at him "But that's a story for another day"

"I could use the distraction"

"Remember the dude I hooked up with?"

"The torso?" he nodded

"I just saw him in the hallway" Jules stopped mid scoop and stared at Shane

"Like here, at Archer?"

"Apparently his boss is a board member and he lied about about his name"

"I can hear Neveah's 'I told you so' " Shane made a face at her "What, she did tell you to be careful with Grindr hookups and now look"

"Enough about my tragic choice in men, let's talk about yours"

"Haha very funny" She said as she set the ice cream to the side "Can we talk about literally anything else?" She laid back down and pulled the blanket over her head.

"Look at me" He pulled the cover down "I know you're hurting but this is not healthy" Before Jules could respond someone knocked on the door.

"Probably Veah" Shane got up and walked to the door and was met by Oren.