O N E

01. The Start

——————————————————

N A Y E O N ' S

We're already outside our house, waiting for the one and only Minatozaki Sana. She will always be the one running late in every event or casual days. We doesn't even know what the hell is taking her so long.

I leaned on the car while Jeongyeon and Mina were silent inside, with their phones and gadgets. Feeling a little impatient, I played with the car keys on my fingers with my hair getting messier as the wind kept brushing straight onto my face. Surveying my uniform a little bit, a grey pleated skirt and a white inner blouse, then lastly, a maroon coat with a badge on the left side.

Wanna know the story why the four of us stayed like this together? Whether you want to know or not, I'll still tell you anyways.

Our parents were friends back in high school and business associates. No one separated them, nor did anyone tried. Since primary school, we already started knowing each other more. They're my only circle of friends, as if I wanted to be with the other girls. I am not good at dealing with them. A hot-tempered person like me would never wanted to be provoked.

Ever since middle school, our parents agreed that the four of us should stay together. Obviously, I wanted it more that way. First of all, I don't have any siblings, since my mom almost died giving birth with me. I always live alone but contented. I have the same vibes as the girls, understanding each others' attitudes.

Jeongyeon is the coolest among us. She acts the toughest, well-mannered and the mom figure.

Sana is childish but she's the one keeping us intact. Wondering how can she always smile remembering the past that she have. I mean the fear she still have.

Mina is always the smartest and the silent one. She can be the most wrathful among us, whenever she had enough.

Right now, we're transferring in Light Academy for Senior High. Living in a different mansion, with cars and basic necessities, we are all prepared. As if this was new for us. We've been living for how many years just by the four of us.

"What the heck, Sana? Can you move faster?!"

She just smiled, with a comb on her hair. Her coat is messy, she's messy, exactly. Running faster as she could, she closed the gate before getting inside the car.

Without any further words, I got inside the car also, before shaking my head at the girl who has been fixing herself on the shutgon seat. Mina and Jeongyeon were also looking at her with their usual looks.

I started the engine, driving on an average speed to avoid any disaster. Life is short, we can't waste it just by involving ourselves in a car accident.

"Do you think we'll be doing fine in that university?" Jeongyeon asked.

"You know what, we can't disappoint our parents, so of course we need to go with the flow. And remembering our previous school, Jeongyeon caught a hundred times in a fist fight." Mina answered in a gentle way. The rest of us nodded, while my eyes were fixed on the road.

We need to change ourselves as what our parents have said. In my opinion, we really should do. Jeongyeon got into various fist fights. Sana almost failed three subjects. Mina almost ruin the science laboratory because the teacher 'stepped' on her pride. And I almost throw a fist on the dean of the school.