E I G H T E E N

018. Punishment

——————————————————

S A N A ' S

It's already night when we get back to our cabins. Eventually, we need to sneak in or else we'll get our punishment. First of all, we skipped the trail and the campfire. It's not our fault when we got lost in the first place. And it's not our fault if we find this things boring.

I was holding Mina's hands while we're bending our knees, hiding behind a cabin. There are some staff roaming around and if we get caught, the eight of us will be doomed.

"Don't step on my foot, Yoo Jeongyeon!" Jeonghan hissed behind our back. The boys are standing at our back and unfortunately, the two of them were standing beside each other. Standing beside each other means trouble.

"Shut up, loser!"

We glared at them, before observing the place again. A staff seemed to notice our presence, but gladly, she didn't approach our spot.

What happened earlier seemed unbelievable, no one would thought that the eight of us would get along. We were having fun as if there's no quarrel and misunderstandings among us. It was a genuine friendship, and it made me happy the moment I saw how could the world be if we were friends.

No rules. No arguement, fights and bickering. Just smiles and laugh.

"What time is it?" Nayeon asked but no one answered. Obviously, no one brought anything with them. I thought this would go well, but whoever gave that map to us, I'll surely beat them to pulp. That's not a threat, that's a promise.

"Let's just runaway." Jeongyeon suggested with a determined tone. I can't see their actions since my eyes were fixed and observing the staffs roaming around.

"You're calling me a loser, yet you can't even think of a wise plan." Jeonghan retorted back in a small voice.

Silence fell onto the atmosphere when a staff started walking towards our direction. I've got nervous, so I took a grip on Mina's hands tightly. Being the one in front, I didn't knew it could be this nerve-racking. I slightly stepped back and I unfortunately stepped on someone's foot.

"Goddammit!" Wonwoo groaned, loudly. We looked at each other with wide eyes. Honestly, I'm already shaking and I don't what to do this anymore.

"Sorry, Wons." I muttered followed by a calling voice from the staffs.

"Is someone there?"

Seungcheol firmly closed his eyes while massaging his temples. All of us were taken aback by the situation. We're not afraid of the staff, we're afraid of getting punished rather than having fun.

When the staff was near the cabin we're hiding, Jeongyeon mouthed all of us to run. And to my clumsiness, I stumble onto the ground.

"Hey Sana, are you okay?" Jun asked, worry is evident in his voice. I slightly nodded before standing up, but it was too late since the staff already caught us. It's my fault again.

"Mr Choi, what will you do if I'll tell your grandfather this irresponsibility you have done?" The staff asked while we stood a shoulder apart away from each other. I was in between Mina and Jun while the staff was scolding Seungcheol.