F O U R

04. The Book

——————————————————

M I N A ' S

Walking down to the bookstore, with white knitted jacket, paired with denim jeans then lastly, a cream coat to complete the outfit. It's already 6:14 in the evening, and I bet I can protect myself if ever there are some jerks out there.

School was exhausting and I've been receiving multiple calls from dad. I am tired from everything. My life isn't that fun, where I can have my freedom and choose what I want to do. It was not that. Yes, we have the wealth. They call me princess for that reason, but was I really?

Because no. There are a lot of things that are different from me. I am not that ordinary kid they thought, because I was like a goddamn prisoner if I weren't able to live with the girls. My dad would always want me to go on a date with some strangers. That is unbelievable, but whatever, I'm trying to live my life here. For once, I want to feel free and loud.

A meter away from me is the bookstore, so many fascinating books. I love reading, it was my only escape when I'm not with the girls.

I stepped inside the store, feeling the air inside that smell like books. Who wouldn't love their smell? I guess ignorants would hate it, whatever. Running inside like a lost child, even though everything is new to me, bookstores felt like home.

I went down to the science-fiction books. My lips parted in awe when my hands slipped into those new books, they are also limited editions. I grab the book but a hand stopped me to do so. The guy has blood on his fist, which got me taken aback. I stepped onto his feet and unfortunately, the both of us fell on the floor.

I fell onto his lap. My eyes widened in shock. Immediately, I stood up then kept bowing in front of the guy. Gosh, what the hell was that?

"I'm really sorry sir! I'm so sorry."

"It's actually fine." I was surprise for how his voice could go that deep. Quite curious, I look up to him since he's pretty much taller. But the surprise did not stop there. Gosh, he is one of the jerks. The one with sharp eyes and cold gazes.

"You?!"

"What the—"

I almost spitted several curses when I saw his face. I pointed at him, the man who's one of the jerks. His name was Jeon Wonwoo, I guess and I don't like them, period.

He scoff, loud enough to annoy my system. Something on that scoff got me insulted or should I say, he's looking down at me. That was enough privilege to get him inside my goddamn nerves.

"Look, what we got here." He smirked, the smirk that I wanted to rip out of his face. He's really annoying. I was a bit startled when he started moving forward, trapping me between the bookshelf and his body.

Terrified is a bit of sarcasm, it's insane to feel scared to people who doesn't even have the privilege to step upon people's rights to feel terrorized. Yet, words were unable to come out from my lips and movement weren't welcomed by my limbs.

I look into his eyes, while stuck amd cornered between his arms. He was close to shutting our bodies, without any gaps or so. Is this jerk harassing me?