thirty two !

chapter thirty two
dance party

"hey, milo? i need your help." kida was sitting at her desk, a small mirror lighting up her features. she had her hair in a messy bun, and light makeup on her face. she couldn't mistake the groan she heard from her brother's room, as he dragged himself towards where she was with a huff. "what, child?" she pouted, before pointing out to the older boy that he was actually only six years older than her.

"can you do my hair? pretty please?" fortunately for kida, milo had been forced to tackle her hair since she began staying with him, and because of his 'type' in girls, he knew how to treat her hair. he only nodded, pulling it out of its messy bun and whipping out the gel. "what are we doing with it, again?" she shrugged her shoulders, deciding to let the boy do whatever he felt with her hair.

it ended up in a slick ponytail at the nape of her neck, with her baby hairs flattened down in cute patterns, and a small lotus flower hair pin in the side. she had done her makeup, now sporting red lipstick and small winged eyeliner. she didn't want to look too nice, as she'd made her boyfriend promise that his attention would only be on lydia.

"when's stiles picking you up?" oh. she'd forgotten to tell milo that instead of going with her boyfriend, she'd be going with a gay lacrosse player who only wore armani aftershave. she explained everything to her brother, who only smiled and nodded. he leant down to kiss the top of her head gently, letting her get changed in peace. her dress was pale blue, with matching heels. it went to just a over her knee, and hugged her at the waist before flowing out.

"do i need to have the safe sex talk with you?" milo questioned as she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. she grimaced, before smiling and deciding to annoy her older brother more than necessary. "you're a couple weeks late on that one, lo." she gave him a cheeky smile before ducking out of the house and into danny's car.

"hey, princess." she smiled, leaning over to kiss his cheek softly, before he drove towards the school.

"wait..so stiles is taking lydia, and jackson's taking allison, and scott's gonna sneak in, and you're going to be alone?" danny was trying to comprehend everything that kida was telling him, but his brain could only focus on the hot football player that was coming along tonight.

"basically, yeah. but lydia needs it, and stiles is whipped and does anything i say." he reached over to high five the girl, making her giggle and fall back into her seat. as they reached the school, she saw exactly who she was looking for.

"you guys all look great." allison gave a weird look to kida, who kept her eyes off of stiles and lydia. although it was kida's idea for them to go together, she couldn't help the jealous feeling in the pit of her stomach. she was human, and she was in love. jealousy came with that.

"i think you look beautiful." stiles told lydia, making the girl bean up at him as her eyes softened. it was clear to anyone that lydia didn't get told that often, and it made kida smile.

"come on, prince charming. let's go find you a boy toy." she dragged danny into the dance, the music blaring and a smile instantly coming to kida's face. stiles had to pretend not to notice the eyes on her, and only focused on lydia.

"dance with her." kida mouthed as stiles looked pleadingly towards her. lydia was being her usual stubborn self, after seeing allison and jackson arriving together. it hurt kida to see stiles with lydia, so she knew what the redhead felt like.

"danny, dance with me!" she watched as scott ran in, after being spotted with allison on the dance floor. coach was chasing after him, and the only way for scott to get away with being at the dance, was being gay at the dance.

"hey, kida. do you wanna dance?" she spun around to see the smiling face of her best friend's girlfriend, smiling back to her and nodding. they made their way to the dance floor, before starting to dance obnoxiously in the middle of the floor.

"stiles hasn't taken his eyes off of you tonight." allison informed her, and kida couldn't help but look over her shoulder to see lydia and stiles dancing together. she smiled softly as he blew a kiss to her, his pained expression making her giggle.

"i don't know why he looks so sad, he used to have a huge crush on her." allison sighed gently, before stopping in the middle of her dance and looking for scott.

"maybe because he was hoping to be going to the dance with his girlfriend. and may i add, he's been crushing on you for years, and now he's got you and you pushed him away." she looked back over her shoulder to see stiles alone, and lydia missing.

she walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing her lips on his softly. she felt his small smile and the heat of his cheeks as their lips moved together, his arms holding her tight to his body. "what was that for?" he asked, smiling down at her.

"because i'm totally and completely in love with you. and by the way, milo's got a date tonight, so we have the house to ourselves." she whispered the last part, running her bottom lip across his earlobe gently.

"i hate you. why is it always in public?" he whisper shouted, and as he began adjusting his slacks, kida knew exactly what was wrong with him. she chuckled softly, letting her hand slide across his shoulder to pull him into another kiss.

she pulled away harshly when she heard a faint scream, spinning to look around the room. "did you hear that?" she already knew the answer, but something told her that it had something to do with lydia being awol. she dragged stiles out of the gym, and towards where she heard the scream.

lydia was wandering across the lacrosse field, and kida could only see the silhouette of the thing she was most scared of. she screamed for lydia to run, pulling her heels off and sprinting towards the girl. stiles had gotten there just as the alpha sunk his teeth into lydia, covering her in her own blood.