Chapter 7.

Later on, I was laying on my bed finishing up school work when my phone rang. Iwa? Now what.. "Hey Iwa! Everything ok?" "Please don't hang up on me.." I sighed frustrated. "Tooru....are you kidding me!? Where's Iwa!" "I took his phone. Please just..let me say what I need to and then I'll accept whatever you decide." I hate myself for even entertaining this. "You have 2 minutes." He sighed, relieved. "Babe, I'm so sorry. I truly am. I should've never done any of that to you. The tension with the games and school just got to me so badly that it felt nice getting attention from others about how great I was at volleyball. I know it's shitty but I won't lie to you. Not anymore. I know your opinion and your praise and love should've been the only thing to matter. I know I should've never allowed you to feel the way you do now. I didn't see that situation from your point of view and for that I'm so sorry. You..you're so goddamn beautiful (Y/N). You were way too good for me and I know that now. I-I love you (Y/N). I can't promise that I'll change overnight but I can change. If you'll have me. I'll do anything for you. Anything. So please. Please come to the door and let me see you. Just for a minute."

I froze as the tears kept falling. Where was this before? What changed now? My mind wanted me to stay in my room but my heart ached for him at this moment. I just needed to see him. "(Y/N)....please." He whispered into the phone, pleading. I slowly rose to my feet heading for the door. I sighed as I reached it, slowly opening it to reveal Oikawa standing there. A flower in hand, phone still to his ear, tears staining his cheeks. I let my phone drop to the floor and jumped into his arms.

"Baby.." he whispered as he held me so close. "I'm so sorry." He whispered in my ear. "W-Why? Why now Tooru?" He sighed as he let go of me slightly, looking into my eyes. "I just..seeing you earlier made me realize how much I missed you and how much I wasn't paying attention to you. After I talked with Iwa, I saw how bad I messed up. And then seeing him..protecting you like you were his, it..it drove me crazy." "Wait so seeing me with Daichi made you jealous and now you're here?" He simply shrugged his shoulders. "Are you really with him?" I shook my head way too quickly than I wanted. "No but..Tooru we can't just..pick up where we left off. I need time. I'm grateful for your apology but..I need to also work on myself. I loved you so damn much and to get this hurt..I..I.." He sighed as he embraced me tightly, fresh tears falling down my cheeks. "I love you Tooru. But I'm hurting so much. Please..please just tell me the truth. Did you cheat on me..?" I felt his body shake under me. "I-I'm so sorry.." he whispered. I cried harder as he confirmed my fear. My legs gave out and if he wasn't holding me tightly, I would've fell to my knees. I wasn't enough..I wasn't enough for him. I couldn't even ask why. I don't even think I wanted to know why. "I'm so sorry (Y/N)..I was so stupid. I never wanted to hurt you. I love you. I love you so fucking much." He continued to whisper in my ear as he cried. I sighed as I cleared my throat, pushing the rest of my tears back as I released myself from his grasp. I can't cry anymore. I need to be strong for myself.

"Tooru, thank you for telling me. I think..I think it's best if we just took time apart. I think we just..we need to grow on our own.." "Please..please (Y/N). Is there anything I can do? I can't..I can't lose you. This can't be over." "Tooru, I need time. We..we can try to be friends. But I need time to heal. And I think you do too." He sadly nodded as he slightly smiled at me. "Ok. Friends then?" I nodded confirming his question. "Can I-can I just kiss you one more time?" Again, my heart gave in as I nodded way too quickly for my liking. He stepped forward, cradling my face in his hands as he kissed me deeply. I returned the kiss as I hugged his torso. The kiss was slow, sweet yet seductive, like he was trying to savor every single moment. We pulled away out of breath as he looked into my eyes searching them for any reaction. He smirked as he backed away from me. "Alright. I'll talk to you soon then. I um..remember that I love you." He kissed me slowly once more before walking away.

Did I just make a mistake? There was no denying the love we had for each other. There's history there that just can't be forgotten. Yet somehow, I feel like I just closed a chapter to my life. Whether I wanted to or not. Why does this have to be so difficult? I sighed loudly, annoyed as I went back to my room. I laid in bed, head in my pillow thinking about everything.