Chapter 12.

Today's the day. The fall preliminary tournament. I was honestly so nervous for them. I was trying to keep my cool for Daichi's sake. I could tell he was nervous but he was trying so hard to encourage his team. Being a captain is more work than most people realize but Daichi is an amazing one at that. But he also has to sometimes push his feelings aside for the team. "What is it (N)?" Daichi asked, pulling me from my thoughts. I shook my head smiling as I laid my head on his shoulder, lacing our fingers together. "Sorry just thinking." The soft movements from the moving bus were making me sleepy but I wanted to make sure everyone was ok before anything else. This is a big day for Karasuno. The day they show everyone they're not the same old team that they used to be. I scoffed at my thoughts. Wingless crows. I'd give anyone a piece of my mind if they ever- "Babe! You're crushing my hand!" I sat straight letting go of his hand instantly. "Oh my god I'm so sorry!" "Hey it's ok! Are you nervous? About-" "No! No. I'm not nervous about seeing..him. I'm just nervous for you but I'm also so excited. I just..thinking is not helping my mood. I'm sorry." I said sadly smiling down as his hand held mine once again. He pulled me closer to him as he lightly kissed me. "There's no need to worry. Everything will work out."

"Alright guys! We're here! Remember! We're here to win and to show everyone that Karasuno is no longer the wingless crows. Let's win this!" The guys all cheered as I looked up at Daichi in admiration. He's seriously unlike anyone I've ever met. My heart fluttered as he caught my eyes, smiling down at me. He reached for my hand, lacing our fingers as we walked off the bus, the team behind us.

I stood in the stands right behind Karasuno's banner. They were warming up, prepping for their first match up. I sighed as I cradled my hands together. I was so nervous that I was cold. Daichi gave me his jacket to wear before he left which I was thankful for. I hugged his jacket closer to my body. Coach told me his friends should be arriving soon to watch the games as well. At least I won't be alone up here.

"Yoo-hoo! Kageyama and small fry! How's your crazy combo move coming along?" I froze as I heard his voice followed by a smack. I stared as Daichi glanced at me with a smile and a nod. He saw him too. He was signaling that I was ok. I am ok. This is fine. I turned my head to see Oikawa sitting a few seats away from me. He turned to look at me as I turned my attention back to the court as the whistle blew. Here we go..