Chapter 8.

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the night stand. I sighed looking at the screen. Daichi. I don't want to ignore you but..I'm hurting so much. I don't want to drag you into this. I put my phone back on the small table and laid back down, facing the wall. My eyes hurt. They were red and puffy after hours of crying myself to sleep last night. Two years..two years with someone..only for them to betray you in such a horrible way. I felt the tears sting my eyes once more as I heard a light knock at the door.

"Go away Asahi.." I heard the door open. He sat at the edge of my bed turning me over to face him. "(Y/N)..come on. You should wash up. Let's go get breakfast or something. Daichi called wondering where you were. Apparently he called a few times last night and this morning.." I couldn't look at him. If I looked at him, I'll start breaking down and I'll have to talk about it again.

After Oikawa left last night, Asahi came running into the house. He was outside watching us the whole time. I was partially grateful that way I didn't need to talk about it. "I'm not hungry." I said sadly. "I'm fine. I just want to sleep." "Sis, you can't just stay-" "Asahi! I said I'm fine!" I snapped at him as I glared into his eyes. He stared back at me with so much sadness. That's not what I want. I don't want to be looked at like that. My anger faded as I felt a tear slip down my face. "I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to.." He sighed as he pulled me up, cradling me to his chest. "You have nothing to be sorry about. I'm sorry if I'm pushing you. I just want to make sure you still eat and take care of yourself. That's what best friends are for." He said in a small voice. I sighed as I heard my phone vibrate again. "It's Daichi again. I think he's really worried about you.." I rolled my eyes at him. I knew he had to mention something to him about last night. I just hope he didn't say too much. Daichi is too good for my dramatic life. "Well he wouldn't be if you kept your mouth shut." I mumbled. Asahi smirked down at me as he took out his phone answering an incoming call. "Hey! Yea-yea she's fine. Talk? Oh she's in the shower. I'll tell her to call you back alright? Yea ok. Bye." I rolled my eyes. "You guys are ridiculous." He laughed and shrugged. "Come on. Suga and Daichi are going to breakfast and we're tagging along. So go wash up." I sighed, annoyed at him but gave in. Getting some fresh air couldn't hurt.

Asahi and I met with Daichi and Suga at the cafe. They were already sitting at a table when we got there. "Mornin' guys!" Asahi exclaimed as he slid into the booth. I slid in next to him keeping my head down. As I sat, I caught a glance at Daichi's face. It was full of concern as he watched me like I was made of glass. Crap. How much did Asahi tell him? I'm gonna have to kill him later. "Morning guys!" Suga said happily. I mumbled my hello as I looked down at the menu. I honestly just wanted to be alone. I didn't want to be here. I would just bring them down. I sighed as I felt my phone vibrate once more. Who now? My eyes widened as I felt tears brim my eyes again. I quickly answered as I began to walk outside. "Mom.." I answered as my voice cracked.

DAICHI'S POV
"Asahi she is not fine!" I exclaimed as I watched (Y/N) nearly run outside to talk to her mother. "Yea Asahi. She's clearly struggling. Why would you say she-" "Because..I'm afraid she's going to go into a deep depression. You guys don't understand. She's going to be in a bad state for a little while. And I don't know if I'll be able to pull her out by myself this time. This time is..worse than before." I stared at him with wide eyes. W-what? This has happened before? Wow Oikawa. What the hell did you do to her? "Asahi..we will do whatever you need. We'll make sure (Y/N) is taken care of. Right Daichi?" Suga turned to me as I shook myself out of my thoughts. I clenched my fist as I nodded. "We'll do whatever it takes to make sure she'll be alright. I promise." Asahi smiled at us. His face held his worry for her. If this happened before, then he obviously knows first hand how bad her depression could be. I won't let this happen to her. Not again.

Y/N POV
"I know Mom. Asahi took me to breakfast with his friends to try and clear my mind. It's just..so hard trying to keep it all together." I sniffled. "I know baby. Ugh if I ever see that jerk I'm going to strangle him! I can't believe your father told him where you were!"  "Mom..please." "Sorry..listen, I know you're coming next weekend but if you need to come a few days earlier-" "Mom it's fine. I don't want to miss more school than I already did. I'll be ok." "And if you're not feeling ok..?" "Then I will call you right away." I said smiling slightly. "I love you honey." "I love you so much mom." We said our goodbyes as I sighed, trying to regulate my breathing. I glanced at the phone in my hand, slowly raising my eyes to my wrist which held a few scars. I shook my head at the thoughts. No. I've come so far. It's fine. I'll be fine. I'll get through this.

I walked back over to the table, happy to see coffee waiting for me. My eyes met Daichi's for a moment until I looked down. I can't burden him. "I got you your favorite. Coffee just got here so it's nice and hot." I smiled sadly up at Asahi. "What would I do without you." He smiled down at me as I cradled the warm coffee mug in my cold hands. "So (Y/N). Would you want to help us practice today? I think you could seriously whip us into shape with your receives! We all know Hinata could use some serious help." I looked at Suga. He was so genuine. His face didn't hold an ounce of sadness or judgement as he looked back at me smiling. Ah his smile. It was infectious. I nodded slightly. "Sounds like an idea." I stated. I glanced at Daichi as he straightened himself in his seat, a smile emerging on his face. This was hard for him. I can see that he wanted to be there for me. I can also see the sadness in his eyes. I bit the inside of my cheek as our food came.

The rest of the day went by quickly. Suga was right. Helping Hinata definitely made me feel a little better. Hinata is such a bright ball of energy but my god was I tired. My arms were red from all my receives. I felt like I got ran over my a train. "Sorry kiddo. I'm beat. You kicked my ass." I said slightly laughing. He looked at me, pouting. I've never met someone who loved volleyball so much. It was admirable. I smiled at him as I ruffled his orange hair. "I wish I had your energy. Maybe we can do this again tomorrow?" His eyes lit up as he hugged me tightly. I laughed as he thanked me a million times. "You're the best (Y/N)! Kageyama never wants to practice this much with me!" "Because you still suck." I laughed at his monotone voice. They started bickering as I walked to the bench, sitting down trying to catch my breath. "You're doing a really great job with him." I smiled as I felt Daichi sit next to me. "He's got a real gift. He just needs the support of others to drive it out of him." I stated as I watched Hinata and Kageyama practice their quick attacks that still shock me every time I see them. "Hey.." He placed his hand on top of mine. I looked at him, our eyes instantly meeting. "I don't want to get into it to make you upset. But I-we are all here for you. Whenever you're ready." My eyes searched his as he spoke. I lightly squeezed his hand. "Thank you.." I said in a low whisper. He smiled slightly at me as he returned to the court.