How To Cover Up A Living Breathing Scandal

Normal POV

"Do none of you understand what I'm saying?"

"No we don't; because you're speaking in riddles like we're in nursery school!"

"It seems we lack your level of knowledge so please, impart some of your supposed infinite wisedom onto us", Johnston commented dryly.

Jon Howard, Frederick's PR agent huffed in slight aggravation,"My point is that Frederick's greatest strength was that he was completely scandal free unlike his opponent."

"And he still is scandal free", Johnston corrected sharply, from spot at the large conference table.

"Not with this!", Lee, his auditor exclaimed, shaking his head,"Honestly, this could ruin everything we've worked for."

The older man scoffed, behind his glasses,"Please Lee, all you've done is stuff your face for the past decade", Johnston snarled, piercing his lips together after his aggressive spat.

Frederick stood up from his seat, leaving the bickering men to their own devices as he went to the tea tray. He and Johnston were in a emergency meeting with he heads his political party, trying to figure out what to do about A.R.I.A, but in all honestly all they were doing was giving him a major migraine.

Unborthered by his departure, Johnston sat up in his chair, hands clasp together with a hard look on his face,"Now if we are done discusing the obvious, perhaps we can come up with a solition, yes?"

The man smirked at his apparent power and authority like he was a medival dictator; the two men silently awaiting his next orders. He straightened himself, now having the two older men's complete attention,"Good, now here's what we're gonna do", he started, standing up from his chair and addresses the room,"We will give to story to the papers, but only a story (we) fabricate", he paused, waiting for their acknowledgments. When they nodded, he pointed to their papers and they took that as instruction to start writing,"We will introduce her to the public through that story; get the people buzzing then present at a later date once we know we are in the clear and our story in strong.

We will say that she was born out of wedlock, but lived in the states with her mother yet they kept in touch throughtout the years despite the distance. That way, they have a story and we are in the clear with publicity to spare", he finished with pride. His plan was full proof.

"Are you sure they would buy that?", Jon spoke up only to lower his head when his head snapped over to his direction.

Johnston bit back a grin at his distress,"We just have to hope so", he answered solemnly,"Frederick stated that he wanted no slandering of the mother, so this will have to do", his tone reflected that of annoyance that he pointed particularly at were Frederick stood by the window.

The younger man was not paying the least bit attention to his advisor as he glanced down out the window. An the ground below was Aria talking and walking with his mother. He was shocked she was getting along so well with his mother considering they hadn't really had a chance to bond. Aside from the fiasco in the kitchen last night they were close to strangers.

Frederick turned away from the girl and back to his campaign manager,"We do know that this is a living breathing 17 year old girl we're talking about right?" He understood that this would have to be a political move, but they were acting as if she was a burden; something that was just ruining everything and could be disposed of if need be.

"That exactly the problem, sir", Jon said and Frederick shot him a pointed look to which the man shrunk back in his chair. "With all due respect sir", he corrected, working swiftly to stay in his good graces,"what I meant to say is; we know close to nothing about her aside from the fact that she's your daughter from a relationship with a woman we hadn't seen in almost two decade", he explained, thorough with his wording. "Sure the people may remember her mother and you, but what about the girl? We know absolutely nothing, so we have little to build our story on."

Frederick's face softened, understanding where he was coming from. He had been very hostile as of late in terms of his daughter; between Evangeline and Eleanora he was permanently on edge.

Johnston also seemed to agree; he was upset he never thought about that. If they were going to control the narrative then they would need to control the girl and make sure everything stacked up properly.

"I hate to admit it, but you're right, Howard", he stated with a quick grin that didn't reach his eyes,"all we know is she's an American teenage; hardly anything to work with however...", he turned to his left, looking for his client,"Frederick"

"Hm?", Frederick answered, forcing himself to look away from his child and mother as they noticed him and waved.

"You have talked to the girl; perhaps you can give us something to work with here. This is your campaign afterall", he pointed out, slightly annoyed that he would rather admire the landscape than focus on the task at hand.

Frederick wanted to snort; you would think it was Johnston's with the way he ran things, but then again it was his job to do this. He did the same thing with his father, but Henry Mordecai was more stubborn than his son was.

He quickly waved back at them before turning back to his awaiting team,"Well from the conversations I had with her I could say she's...charismatic, outgoing, relatable", he paused trying to find another way to describe the young girl. He snapped his fingers as the final word popped into his head,"and mature."

He smiled at the thought of her strange facial expressions she'd made and how excited she got from the little details he'd offer her. He seemed to forget that she was indeed just a teenage girl who wanted to know her father and damnit if he wasn't gonna give her that starting this point forward.

The other three men just watched him as he stood there, seemingly engrossed in his thoughts.

Johnston cleared his throat, gaining the other two men's attention,"You heard the man, get the story together and have it forwarded to me to double check for any errors before we send it off to the presses. Lee don't forget to check the donations we've made; this isn't a philanthropy project."

With that they stood and made their way out of the conference room to carryout their assigned duties. Soon only Johnston and Frederick remained.

"Everything alright, boy?", he asked, planted a hand on Frederick's shoulder.

"Hm?", he answered, coming back to his senses,"Oh yes, I'm as right as rain; just...preparing is all", he covered up easily.

"Don't worry, just listen to me and everything will be alright...Prime Minister", he gave his shoulder a final reassuring squeeze before gathering his things to leave,"Why don't you go out? Take Eleanora and Evangeline out on the town; Lord knows you won't be able to when she is introduced."

With that he left, leaving Frederick alone with his thoughts.