A Heart To Heart In The Hallway

Normal POV

It had been a few days since Aria had been in the Leopold Manor and to say things were different was an understatement. Everyone here was so serious all the time.

Anyway, since she was no doubt gonna be in the house all day again, Aria threw on a white crop top and some burgundy shirts; leaving her hair up in a ponytail from last night.

Since her grandma was busy today, she was gonna do some more exploring around the house because she was a lost cause without a guide. She didn't wanna bother the staff; she would never get used to saying that. Made them seem like slaves and she was not master to serve; she was just a girl from Oakland.

Aria was wandering around the third floor? Fourth? She didn't really know, but either way she found herself in a seemingly vacant part of the manor. She was walking down a particularly dusted hallway when she came upon a painting.

She looked down at the gold plate inscription beneath the portrait,"Henry Mordecai Leopold, son of Reginald Copernicus Leopold", she read back, before stepping back to look at it again

'So this is granddaddy, huh?'

Aria was pulled from admiring when she heard a door open from her left and not long after a figure emerged from a room at the end of the hall.

"Frederick?", she asked, upon seeing her father's face. What was he doing up here?

The older man startled at the outburst, looking around in an attempt to locate the voice until he saw Aria,"Oh well uh, hello", he greeted with an awkward wave before moving in her direction,"What are you doing in this part of the house?"

"Just exploring; ya know, learn my surroundings", she explained, fidgeting in her spot; she hated how awkward it was between them,"I take it I'm not supposed to be in this part of the house?" She should've noticed when she saw the dust and lack of pristine gold things like everywhere else in the house.

Frederick shook his head,"Oh no, it's actually...quite fine", he managed to say quite unsurely, making his cringe. "I mean it is fine, just that nobody really comes here anymore aside from me", he suddenly had a distant look in his eye,"Not since..", he trailed off faintly.