A Hell of a First Impression

Normal POV

To say the dress show was a disaster would be an understatement.

After Aria's grand entrance via the stage, she had tried her best to play it off. Unable to just go back where she came because of the hangry aggravated models, she was pushed to just follow the set path. She awkwardly moved down the stage, noticing the shock gazes she recieved.

Instead of curling in on herself on the stage like a baby, she decided to just give them what they came for. With a toss of her hair over her shoulders and a languid roll of her shoulders, she began to strut. She was on her Naomi Campbell as she smiled and posed to the camera's. She wouldn't lie, it felt good to feel the photographer's and audience gas her up and cheer her on. She also peeped Evangeline pouting at her and was sure to shoot her a wink, just for her.

However, all good things must come to an end. All it took was one misplaced wire and a model with Bambi ankles and some too tall heels to turn everything on its head. First she stumbled, and Aria being the kind person she was, tried to catch her by the arm only to be pulled down with her.

The fun stopped then and there.

Aria was dragged off and scolded by Johnston as they got things back on track. She didn't care what he had to say; literally none of this was her fault. She just nodded and was directed to the hall where everyone was rubbing elbows and gossiping about the interesting turn of events the dress show had taken.

She looked around, ignoring the curious looks she recieved from the snobs as she was trying to locate Frederick. Her stomach growled and she put a pin in her objective for now, needing to eat something because she indeed hadn't eaten breakfast. She made a detour towards the nearest table for whatever fancy crap she would have to settle for. She didn't exactly expect them to have burgers or chicken at a place like this. She saw Evangeline standing at the same table and stopped for a moment; a part of her wanted to just cut her losses and wait, but she was a little hungry so she said what the hell and went for it. If she was lucky, she wouldn't notice her and she could get something to nibble on without incident. Johnston had made it clear that she needed to be invisible the rest of the night or "there would be dire consequences" or whatever that meant.

Aria went over and began her inspection of the finger sandwich, expensively decorated crackers and something that looked like a dried up black hot dog. She shook her head; 'Rich folks had the weirdest taste.' She shrugged and resolved to just getting a few sandwiches, some cheese and some green thing wrapped in what she hoped to be bacon.

Evangeline stopped what she was doing as she noticed her house guest in her vicinity. Aria noticed this but made the executive decision and chose to ignore them, even when they looked her over distastefullly and whispering under their breath. Then they had the nerve to start laughing.

Aria, having enough, wanted to know what exactly was so funny to them, so she snapped her head in their direction.

Evangeline put on probably the fakest veneer-enhanced smile she'd ever seen. And here she thought Frederick's was drawn on. "Aria, you made it in one piece!", she greeted in a sickeningly sweet voice,"....well hardly so, that is",  she added under her breath making the snobby girl beside her giggle.

Aria glared at her, putting down her glass,"I sure did, Evangeline", she gritted with a plastered on smile. The bitch was getting on all her nerves today. She stepped towards the older woman, shoulders squared as she sized her up, clenching and unclenching her fists at her sides. She wasn't gonna make a scene with all these people/witnesses here; Evangeline didn't even know her life was almost in danger. Instead she bit the inside of her cheek,"Haven't you read the story?", she asked, tilting her head to the side innocently.