Crash & Burn

"Thank you for coming with me." Sage gave her boyfriend a small smile as he squeezed her hand.

It's not like you really gave me a choice..

Was what she wanted to say, instead she just looked up at him and said..
"Of course."

Milo twisted the door knob and suddenly music and giggling could be heard as the door swung open. Arie was apparently rich, so her parents had gotten her a apartment near the NYU campus.
Of course.

Sage reminded herself to breathe as Milo led her through the crowded space. His height was a dead giveaway and she knew it was only a matter of time before—-
"Mi-mi!" A obnoxious squeal sounded in the air, Sage instantly wishing she had tried harder to get out of this. Arie was in front of them in seconds and Sage almost choked seeing her outfit. She was wearing the tiniest white tube top paired with a matching skirt. If you could call it a skirt.. Pretty sure I can see her bare ass.
The outfit wasn't even the actual problem, it was cute but what was causing Sage to be upset was the fact that the petite barely dress girl was running into the arms of her boyfriend.
Milo chuckled as he caught his drunk friend, awkwardly trying to give her a hug around her shoulders.
"Happy Birthday squirt." Arie stiffened against the tall guy as he resorted to calling her by a generic nickname. She looked over seeing Sage tucked behind him, her eyes narrowed at the younger girl.
"I'm so glad you came! And you brought your friend, the more the merrier right!"

Milo nervously laughed, trying to ease the sudden tension charging the air. Was this was Sage was always talk about ? Had he not seen it before ?

"Yeah well I promised Sagey we would just stop by for a bit before headed off to our date night." Sage was surprised to hear Milo stand up for her, smiling as his warm hand squeezed hers.

Arie was trying her hardest not to look upset but the more she heard the more pissed off she became.

"So sweet of you." Arie gave them a sickeningly sweet smile before she got an idea. "Well you owe me a shot and you can't tell the birthday girl no!" She sang as she grabbed onto Milo and dragged him towards her kitchen.

Sage took a deep breath before she looked around the crowded apartment. Her eyes luckily landing on Mason.
"Thank god your here!" She called out over the music, Mason was quick to turn away from whatever conversation he was having to welcome Sage.
"What are you doing here? I thought you and Milo-"
"—- Can't say no to the birthday girl!" Sage found herself mimicking Arie before she could stop herself. Her eyes widening as Mason bit his lip in amusement.
"I see she's made quite the impression with you.. But I get it. She's .. she can be a lot."
"Milo just thinks I'm jealous..." She answered honestly. Suddenly nervous about having this conversation with her boyfriends best friend. She shouldn't be telling Mason any of this!
"Well.. are you? Cause you shouldn't be.. Milo's head over heels for you." The words caused Sage's heart to warm at the thought. Then why was he treating her so different lately?
"Jealous? Definitely not. I just.. I don't think the girls like me. I feel like there also very obvious about it and Milo just lets them say all these rude comments about me.. to my face... but I'm the jealous one?" Sage ran a hand through her hair, she hated feeling like this. Hated bringing it up. Mason opened his mouth to say something but the more he thought about it and remembered what happened with Arie earlier today he thought she might just be right.

"Sagey I'm so sorry, I promise our friends aren't usually like that.. honestly I'm not sure what's been getting into them lately. They all use to be so fun to hang around..." He tried his best to explain, wanting to stand up for his friends. "But I promise you I'll call them out if I hear any shit okay? We love you and our boy does too—- wait fuck.. I didn't say anything!" Mason quickly said before running the other way as Sage looked at him with wide eyes.
Loves me?
Did Milo say something about loving her?