New York, New York

Milo took a deep breath rocking back and forth on his feet once before knocking on the familiar door. His breath faltered for a moment when his eyes locked with hers.
"Hey beautiful." He took a second too long before wrapping his arms around her as she hugged him. Milo felt so off his game tonight and he had no idea why. He spent the last bit of summer with this girl, they had even shared a few special moments together but his nerves were definitely getting to him right now.

"Ready?" He couldn't help but grin, a little too wide as the gorgeous girl smiled up at him.
"Yeah lead the way."

~~~~

Sage laughed, Milo blushed sheepishly as he wiped the sauce off his chin. He swore her laugh made his heart flutter, what kind of shit was this?
"Okay I'm a bit messy."
"A bit?" Sage cocked her head to the side which just made Milo laugh more. "Okay super messy! But I can't help it this food is so bomb!" He excitedly twirled noodles around his fork before plopping the pile into his mouth.
"Your lucky that messy looks good on you.." Milo swallowed the huge lump in his mouth as Sage swiped her thumb across the corner of his lips. Thoughts of her sucking chocolate icing off her fingers crossed his mind, he cleared his throat and sat up before she noticed. She only laughed, he was extremely easy to read.

Milo showed her around some spots in the city, loving the way her eyes were filled with awe. They listened to street musicals, walked through Times Square and fed each other ice cream. His heart practically fluttered as she held up her cone to his lips again. He paused mid sentence to take a lick of her chocolate espresso before continuing on with his story.
That was the other thing, he loved that she let him talk. He tended to get random and people would tease for its but not Sage. Hell she'd even encourage him to keep going when he got overly excited and couldn't think of what words to say next. She listened, no matter how stupid it sounded.

"Sage?"
"Yeah ?" She looked up at him after they threw away their trash from their ice creams. Milo's warm hand intertwining with her own. He stared at her a minute too long, watching as she nodded for him to go on.

"I've really enjoyed being around you lately." He cleared his throat suddenly feeling nervous as he talked with the beautiful girl. "And after today and almost messing this up.. it just made me realize how badly I want this." Sage exhaled a little too loudly as she saw what was happening. The heat creeping to her cheeks as he continued.
"I'm hoping you feel the same way.. Would you be mine? Like officially?"