Butterflies

Milo was absolutely smitten

In the past few hours Sage and him had talked about everything from favorite foods to favorite tv shows. Mentioning little blurbs from their childhoods and high school memories.

Her name was Sage Cecilia Emerson, she had two older brothers a little older than Milo (yikes). She skipped a grade which put her in the same graduating class as his best friend Owen, Class of 2020. Her birthday happens to be on Halloween, her favorite holiday.
Sage made him laugh so hard he started crying and she genuinely laughed at all of Milos jokes, even the lame ones. Her personality was golden, this upbeat positive beam of light but also she had layers as if she was an old soul. She was wicked smart but didn't throw it in your face, definitely not a know-it-all. She was sweet, and his mom knew her and loved her already. The cherry on top was the fact she would be attending college in New York City.
Sage was still seventeen but should that really be a dealbreaker?
She wouldn't be seventeen forever ..

The girl was brilliant but she had absolutely no idea how tightly she had Milo wrapped around her little finger. She figured they would be friends after todays events. She assumed Milo was like this with everyone in his little group... Until one of his friends spoke up.

"You don't have a sweater?" Sage turned toward the tall brunette that had been running through her mind all day. She shook her head, her cheeks flushing just a little. "I thought it was in the car when we left.."
"No worries you can borrow one of mine, I'll be right back." He jogged back into the house before she could even speak.
"Damn Sage, how did you get him this whipped this fast?" Mason spoke up, Ana, Owen and Stella turned towards him and leaned in a bit to get into the conversation as well.
"W-what?"
"Oh come on you see how he looks at you, what happened with you two upstairs?"
"Dude she's in my grade but she's still only seventeen." Owen butted in, Sage was just glad Milo hadn't told anyone about their miscommunication up in his bedroom or that they kissed.
"Sorry ignore the idiots they are just surprised to see Milo fall so hard so fast. We've know him since 7th grade—"
"I've know him since 3rd." Mason felt the need to clarify, Ana shook her head before shoving his shoulder. "Anyways like I was saying he's never ever been one to fall fast. He knew his ex for like three years before he finally asked her out... So we're just wondering if you liked him too?" Sage just stared back at the group wide eyed, she didn't think Milo was giving her any kind of special attention or anything.
"I uh.. I don't know I guess I didn't realize he felt that way." Of course Sage knew she liked him but what was she suppose to do now with this new information?
What if his friends were wrong?
The rest of the group had become interested in another conversation Stella had started. Ana however reached over and gave her hand a squeeze.

"Just please be gentle, he's got like the biggest heart and hasn't had any luck dating the last two years.. So if you don't like him like that, just make sure you don't lead him on. That's all we're asking." Sage gave her a sad smile, letting her know she understood. Finally Dylan, Ana's boyfriend came back with some drinks for everyone with Milo in tow.
"Here you go milady." Sage blushed standing up to put it on, when she sat back down next to him he handed her another beer.
"Oh thank you and thank you so much again this sweater is so soft and cozy." Milo smiled as he brought his own beer bottle to his lips. "No problem took me a minute to find that one but I wanted to make sure you'd be warm.." The girl felt her heart swell, he had specifically picked this one out for me?

"I.. I appreciate it." Milo took in a sharp breath feeling her warm lips press against his cold cheek. He couldn't stop the blush making its way to his face. Biting his lip to keep him from grinning too wide he threw his arm around the smaller girl and pulled her into his side.
Both teens caught Ana starting at them, she gave them a small smile before turning back to cuddling with her own boyfriend.

Milo had taken that as Ana's blessing, Ana knew everything about Milo except about what had happened in his bedroom earlier today. He couldn't risk telling anyone about that yet. The fact that he even tried to touch a girl like that when she was only seventeen could completely end his Disney contract.
He was just happy Sage was understanding, she was more than understanding. His friends also liked her and then there was that kiss, sure it was on the cheek but it was more than she had done since the incident.

At the moment they were watching the little kids in the neighborhood run around with sparklers. The nineteen year old looked down at the beautiful girl cuddled into his side. Biting his lip, he let his thoughts drift while they continued to wait for the fireworks to start..

Milo had spent the last two years being single. His last girlfriend was of course Holiday. Remembering their break up made him cringe, it wasn't his best moment and probably the most poorly timed break up ever. It was back when he was on DWTS, he went two weeks only being able to see her at 6am to grab some Starbucks before he had to go to school. The show would only be on until November, less than two months away. They weren't suppose to break up over it but he realized in the weeks apart, he wasn't missing her like he use too. In fact he was getting along without her just fine which was a whole different kind of hurt.
They were outgrowing each other...

He was finding a new fan base, new friends, new opportunities. It was his senior year of high school and he already told her he applied to not only UCLA with Ana but also NYU. Their paths were already drifting, so he just decided to put both of them out of their misery sooner rather than later.
Holiday didn't talk to him for almost a year after breaking up with her. Him boasting about being single during his DWTS interviews didn't rub her the right way obviously.

After DWTS Milo enjoyed his senior year, he talked to a couple girls. Waiting until college came around to actually date. All the dates were terrible.. He only made it to a second date with a few girls just to realize, it was still terrible or they really were as fake as his friends warned him. He hadn't had that butterfly feeling until Sage.
They could take it slow, they didn't need to rush anything or jump into bed together.

He could have something real again.. that is as long as Sage felt the same way.
Milo looked back down at Sage, she felt his eyes on her and she turned to look up at him. His breath faltered and he was pretty sure his heart went out of rhythm for a moment. Every time she looked at him, he got that same feeling he got the first time.
He thought it was just adrenaline and his nerves that shook him that bad when he got caught staring at her the first time.

But no,
It was just the butterflies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright guys there is only one more update before this short story/one shot series comes to a end.

♥️♥️♥️