|10| Shirabu Kenjiro |Song|

Whenever soulmates sing they can hear one another, with the exception of singing to communicate back and forth. Italics = singing.

"You know, one day your soulmate won't sing anymore because of you and you'll regret it."

"If I never hear them again it'll be the best thing that's ever happened to me."

------

"God, will they just shut UP!" Shirabu yells. Everyone in the library pauses, all staring as he drags his hands dramatically over his face. Goshiki sits directly across from him, bent over as he barely contains his laughter at the situation. This causes Shirabu, who's already irritated enough, to peek through his hands and level him with a harsh glare. "Stay focused on your book before you get kicked off the team for your poor grades."

That immediately shuts the first year up as he visibly pales. The library goes silent again moments later, and after a heated look from the librarian Shirabu hesitantly goes back to his book. Finally, for the first time since he'd entered the library, there was silence in his head. Not a hum, nor an obnoxious screaming of some line from a random song was to be heard. But, of course, the moment he let out a relaxed sigh:

"I should be over all the--"

"GOD DAMMIT!"

"Boys, exit the library immediately!"

------

"I'm surprised the librarian even lets you in anymore Shirabu!" Tendo cackles. The brunette stalks past him onto the court and begins stretching in an attempt to block out the obnoxious words of his nosy teammates. They wouldn't understand how annoying it is to have someone constantly singing whatever comes to mind at any moment of the day, especially when the person becomes fixated on the same song for several months at a time. It was extremely annoying to say the least. Honestly, if he didn't hear his soulmate's voice ever again he'd thank every god that exists until the day he dies.

"Why don't you just sing something back? I'm sure they've been waiting for you to sing something for years." Semi says with a small shrug. Shirabu immediately shakes his head.

"I don't sing." He says. Well, there was one time he did sing something back. Around three years ago, while he was trying to sleep and his soulmate was belting some sort of rock song rather obnoxiously, he'd opened his mouth and let out an angry five word line.

"Please shut the hell up." He'd sung rather roughly and without any sort of rhythm. There was a heavy silence in return, and while he went to sleep feeling rather accomplished that you'd actually heard him and listened, you'd laid in your own bed practically crying from laughter at how awful he'd sounded. Since then he hadn't sung another line, but he wasn't fond of singing so that's a given. Plus, why would he want to communicate with someone that gets voice cracks like a teenage boy going through puberty anyway?

"You know, one day your soulmate won't sing anymore because of you and you'll regret it." Tendo says in a sing-song tone. Shirabu rolls his eyes.

"If I never hear them again it'll be the best thing that's ever happened to me."

------

"Didn't you say it'll be the best thing to ever happen to you?" Semi mocks. Shirabu lifts his head to give him a blank stare.

"And it has been. I've had a week of perfect silence." He drones. Semi and Tendo both groan and even Ushijima's expression changes slightly.

"What do you think he should do Wakatoshi?" Tendo asks.