|09| Tsukishima Kei |Truth|

The stronger your emotions are the harder it is to lie, to the point where you don't have a choice but to say the truth sometimes.

"I always thought I might be bad, now I'm sure that it's true!"

"Cause you think you're so good-"

"But I'm nothing like you!"

This song gave me inspiration to write this: https://youtu.be/Ab2JrfN1aZM

------

You quietly slip through the unlocked door of your dark apartment. It's already late enough that you're sure Tsukishima's sleep and you can just sneak into the bed and dodge any arguments before they happen. You gently hang your keys by the door and creep through the hallway and into the kitchen to grab a drink before heading to your room. When you finally feel your way to the fridge and open it up you hear a creak from behind you.

"Well hello there."

You jump and turn around to see Tsukishima standing in the doorway.

"...Hey, I was just heading to bed." You grab a water bottle and go to walk past him, but he doesn't move from his spot. "Can you let me through?"

"If you answer my questions first."

"Kei, please don't do this right now." You murmur. He continues to block the door, his face scrunched up with irritation.

"Then just tell me where you were." He glares at you and you sigh.

"It's none of your business." You shove past him and he follows you as you go back to the front door and grab your keys.

"And where the hell are you going now?!"

"Somewhere that I don't have to see you!" You swear he almost flinches when you yell at him, but he covers it up with that scowl that you hate so much. Before you get the chance to even open the door he grabs your arm and pulls you against him.

"What are you-"

"It's none of your business." He sneers.

"Let go of me Tsukishima." You growl. His face flushes and his grip loosens slightly.

"If you leave now don't even think about coming back." He whispers. The two of you glare at each other and suddenly you feel your lips part without your permission.

"Good, I think-" You cover your mouth before you say too much. His eyes narrow and you take a step back.

"Go ahead, say it." You shake your head and he frowns before reaching forward and grabbing your wrist. He expects you to fight him like you usually do, so when you don't he hesitates for a moment. Your vision begins to swim and you shake your head again, which just makes him scowl. He yanks your hand from your mouth and you feel a tear slip down your cheek.

"I think we need some time apart." You choke out. He stares at you with an emotion you've never seen on him before and you feel a pang deep in your chest. His hand drops back to his side and he turns away from you.

"...Then leave." He murmurs. The pain you'd felt a moment ago turns into a deep ache as you watch him walk away from you for the first time ever. A feeling of loss crashes into you like a wave and you sob.

"Don't go." You whisper to the empty hallway. Even knowing you won't get a response it still hurts when you're answered by that heartbreaking silence. With trembling hands you open the door and gently close behind you. While you attempt to put the key in to lock it you pull out your phone to call one of your friends.