|05| Kuroo Tetsuro |Safety Meter|

Requested by @SkajPL

A meter on each person's wrist signifying whether their soulmate is in danger by going between the colors green, orange, and red. When you meet your soulmate it becomes outlined in gold instead of its normal black. If the soulmate dies then the meter turns completely red.

"What are you apologizing for, finding your soulmate? If so, that's-"

"You know that's not what I'm apologizing for."

//Kenma calls Kuroo "Kuro" as a nickname, so i'm not switching back and forth for no reason.

//slightly nsfw

------

"You're still staring?" Kenma murmurs. You take your eyes off of Kuroo, who's talking to some of his fellow second years outside your classroom, and give Kenma a look before returning your eyes back to their original activity.

"Is it a crime to stare at something good looking?" You know he's rolling his eyes without looking at him, just like you know what he's going to respond with before he even opens his mouth. "I get it, he's waiting for his soulmate so I don't have a chance. You know you don't have to tell me the same thing every time we talk about him."

"...I was going to say talk to him." Kenma looks away from you when you give him a surprised look. "It's not that hard."

"I'd rather just look, thank you." You say sarcastically.

"Just a suggestion." He shrugs.

"What's a suggestion?" A deep voice purrs from beside you. You freeze up and turn wide eyes towards Kuroo, who suddenly appeared like he came straight from your dreams. During all your years of being friends with Kenma he'd never been anywhere near you, and you'd wanted to keep it that way.

"Nothing, go to class." Kenma says as the bell conveniently rings. Kuroo shrugs and turns to go, sparing you a quick look and a dashing smile before leaving.

"Are you okay?" Kenma peeks at your flushed face as soon as Kuroo exits the room. You take a moment before nodding.

"I didn't have any time to prepare myself for that." You murmur. Kenma sighs before turning to the front of the room where the teacher's beginning to start class. Before you know it it's already over and everyone's packing their bags up to go home. When Kenma goes to leave you grab his arm to stop him.

"...What?" He murmurs. You look up at him with a nervous smile and gesture outside, where Kuroo is standing with friends again.

"I'm gonna confess." You say, which actually gets a small reaction out of Kenma. His eyes widen the slightest bit and you can tell he's surprised. "Before you tell me it's a bad idea, I know it is, so let's just get this over with so i don't spend my whole high school life in love with him. I'd also like to go into second year without any lingering feelings, so i'll take care of this now so i have a few months to recuperate before then."

"No, it's a bad idea." He still says. You shrug and stand up from your seat.

"It isn't the worst one I've acted on." With that you walk out of the classroom before you give in to your nervousness. When you stop in front of Kuroo he stops speaking to his friends and looks at you.

"Kenma's friend, right? What do you need?" His voice and smile practically makes you melt, but you hold onto your mask and smile back.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could talk to you alone? It'll only take a few minutes." You hear his friends begin to whisper around you, most likely guesses of what you want to talk about, before Kuroo nods with that smile still on his face. He follows you as you lead him somewhere with little to no people, all the while trying to hype yourself up with fake confidence. When you finally stop he leans against the wall with a quirked eyebrow.