Soulmate AU

soulmate
/ˈsōl ˌmāt/
noun
a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

Any modifications I make to the original idea will be put at the beginning of the one-shot with the initial description of the au. If any of you have any other soulmate ideas, please share them with me so I can use them, with credit if wanted!

I won't be using honorifics unless they've been clearly specified in anime, like how Akaashi uses -kun with Bokuto and Oikawa uses -chan with Kageyama. I have a source I use that lists all the ways characters have ever called each other, so I'll be going by that as well. I will also (Y/n) [Your Name] instead of separating it into (F/n) [First Name] and (L/n) [Last Name] as it will be your choice whether or not you'd like to use your first or last name, or even a nickname, and even if you'd like them to use honorifics with you.

Timer
A timer written in ink on your wrist that counts down the time until you meet your soulmate.

Name Mark
The name of your soulmate is written on the inside of your wrist.

First Words
First words from your soulmate are inked on your wrist.

Last Words
Last words from your soulmate are inked on your wrist.

Distance
The amount of distance between soulmates is displayed on the wrist, only using numbers. The lower the number the closer you are to your soulmate.

Tattoo
An object representing your soulmate is inked somewhere on your body.

Writing
Whatever your soulmate writes/draws appears on you, with certain limitations such as full name and location.

Injury
When one half gets injured, the other half feels the pain of that injury.

Emotion
Whatever emotion one half is feeling the other feels slightly.

Safety Meter
A meter on each person's wrist signifying whether their soulmates in danger by going between the colors green, orange, and red. If the soulmate dies then the meter turns completely red.

Necklace
Each soulmate has half of a necklace matching their soulmates. You receive the necklace as soon as you're born, though you're given it to keep permanently when your parents deem you responsible enough to not lose it. Can be replaced as the necklace is on government files.

Compass
A compass is located on each person's wrist pointing to their soulmate.

Red String
A red string located on each person's 5th finger, linking them to their soulmate.

Visions
You get visions of your soulmate doing certain things throughout their day for 3 days before you meet them. Only one half gets the visions.

Dreams
Your soulmate appears in your dreams on your 18th birthday, and you appear in their dreams on theirs.

Truth
You cannot lie to your soulmate. You can only tell the Truth.

Color
Everything is black and white until you lock eyes with your soulmate.

Glow
You glow different intensities depending on how near you are to your soulmate. When you touch your soulmate for the first time the glow disappears.

Song
A popular one that I believe originated from TikTok. Whenever soulmates sing they can hear one another, with the exception of singing to communicate back and forth. 

Hanahaki
Not quite about soulmates, but something I'd like to include. A disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings, or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

Star Tears
Similar to hanahaki, it's caused by unrequited love. The stars are translucent and all different colors, and they twinkle when they fall. The stars also make a low jingling sound that cannot be heard unless it's extremely quiet. The colors of the stars represent the loss of vision that comes from prolonged cases of the disease, and vision loss ranges from colorblindness to complete blindness, which can also be accompanied by rare cases of memory loss. The amount of pain one feels when they cry depends on how strong the love becomes, and can eventually be accompanied by blood, which signifies the possibility of blindness.