|02| Kageyama Tobio |Compass|

A compass is located on each person's wrist pointing to their soulmate. When the soulmate dies the compass turns faded and the needle in the middle disappears.

"Then why, why do you keep going back to him?"

"Because he's the only one who will have me Tobio, he's the only one who understands."

------

You sit at the dining table in your apartment, your chair facing the door instead of the now cold food you'd prepared hours ago. A clock hanging behind you ticks away the seconds as you stare at the compass on your wrist, its needless center and faded ink only adding to your bad mood. Your phone sits on the table with your countless messages to him open for all to see. Suddenly you hear the sound of jingling keys and you shoot up from your chair as Kuroo opens the door.

"Tetsur-" You stop abruptly when you see his disheveled appearance. He walks up to you with an apologetic expression, one you seem to have memorized by now. With each step closer to you comes the suffocating smell of woman's perfume and cheap alcohol.

"Babe, why're you still up? I thought I texted you saying I couldn't make it to dinner tonight." He purrs out. You flinch when he runs a hand over your cheek.

"It's my birthday Tetsuro." You whisper. His eyes widen and he clears his throat awkwardly.

"That's... it's today?" He murmurs. The ticking clock echoes in the heavy silence that fills the space between the two of you. Your eyes begin to swell with tears and you push him away from you.

"Leave." You say hollowly before turning away from him to begin putting away the food you'd made for the two of you. After a moment you feel his hand wrap around your arm, making you recoil as if burned.

"Do not touch me!" You yell, ripping your arm out of his iron grip. He reaches for you again and you step out of arms reach.

"Please, please just talk to me. I'm sorry okay?" He begs, his eyes wide and pleading. When you shake your head his expression instantly hardens.

"Whatever, it's not like I can't just go stay at another girls place." He says bitterly. An involuntary gasp slips past your lips and the tears swimming in your eyes finally slip down your cheeks. His eyes narrow and a harsh smirk comes onto his face. "What's wrong? You're the one who just kicked me out, I have rights to go anywhere I want to. Unless you don't want me to go, all you have to do is say the magic words."

At a loss for words, all you can do is stare at him as tears rolls down your face. You flush angrily as he leans closer to you with that expression you hate so much.

"Hm? You know what to say." He whispers, mouthing the words, "Please stay."

Before you respond his ringtone blares loudly from his pocket. You watch as he takes his phone out, the caller ID flashing a woman's name with countless hearts next to it. His eyes flick up to you before he looks down at his phone again.

"I can't do this anymore." You say shakily. He looks up quickly, his eyes widening at the broken expression on your face. "I can't take it. Please, please just go."

"Hey-"

"You've already destroyed me, what else do you want?" You take another step back from him and your back hits the wall. With the added support your shaking legs finally give out and you slide down the wall.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I don't want to hear it Tetsuro, please just leave." You murmur as you pull your knees up to your chest, leaning your forehead against them so you don't have to look at him anymore. He sighs quietly and you hear the door close after a few silent seconds. Loud sobs rack your body as you sit by yourself in your dimly lit kitchen. After half an hour or so a buzzing sound pulls you out of your thoughts. You feel around blindly for your phone and finally find it somewhere on the floor next to you. The bright light of the screen makes you flinch and you quickly cut down the brightness.