|06| Kozume Kenma |Necklace|

Requested by @otaku_love_anime

Each soulmate has half of a necklace matching their soulmate's. You receive the necklace as soon as you're born, though you're given it to keep permanently when your parents deem you responsible enough not to lose it. Can be replaced as the necklace is on government files.

"I'm not... as innocent as you think."

"But Kenma, you're shaking."

//slightly nsfw?

------

You make your way around the kitchen, a big grin on your face as you throw together the final touches on the dinner you're making. Though you usually get Kenma to help you, whether he likes it or not, today you decided to pamper him for once since he's been working hard lately. When you finally finish you look at the table with a proud smile before going to call down your favorite gamer.

"Kenma!" You yell, hoping the blonde heard you from somewhere in the house. From the muffled thud upstairs you know he did, and within a few seconds you hear him padding down the stairs.

"Dinner?" He asks, his eyes lighting up the slightest bit when they land on the table. You can tell he just got out of the shower from his damp hair and change of clothes, which makes you look down at your own outfit that's covered in flour. While you attempt to dust yourself off you feel a kiss on your forehead and you look up to see Kenma studying you intently.

"Worry about that after, let's eat first." He grabs your hand and sets you down at the table before taking his own seat. "Thanks for cooking dinner."

"I did my best so eat up!" You say with a wide smile. He begins eating and you can't help but stare at the satisfied look on his face, which he takes notice of quickly since you're not touching your food.

"...What?" He murmurs. You shake your head with a small smile before beginning to eat as well.

"I did a seriously good job!" You say, beginning to shovel the food a bit faster into your mouth. Kenma nods, but you notice his eyes lock onto something on the counter behind you.

"Apple pie." He says, making you chuckle.

"Yes, I made apple pie for you." You're glad you made it just from the delighted expression on his face. He clears his plate faster than usual and is moving onto dessert before it even
properly cools.

"I thought I smelled it." He murmurs as he slides a plate of pie in front of you before setting his own down. He eats the pie slowly, savoring the flavor as well as giving you a chance to catch up since he got a head start, which you use to your advantage by quickly finishing your dinner plate.

"How was work?" You ask as you pop small bites of apple pie into your mouth. He looks away thoughtfully for a moment before shrugging.

"It was fine, your boss didn't call you today right?"

"I told him if he called me on my vacation day I wouldn't show up all week, so naturally he didn't." You say with a small smile. "Want the rest of my pie?"

"Thanks." He says as he takes your plate. You hand it off with a quiet laugh before getting up from your chair.

"Time to clean!" You begin to gather dishes, but the look Kenma's giving you makes you stop.