|07| Oikawa Tooru |Glow|

Requested by @SophiaCaldarella

You glow different intensities depending on how near you are to your soulmate. When you touch your soulmate for the first time the glow disappears forever.

"I don't... want a soulmate, so could you let me go?"

"You don't... what?"

------

You stand in a short line of people waiting to use the vending machine, your face molded into a frown that seems to deepen by the second. The glowing aura around you is becoming more obvious the longer you wait for the people in front of you to get their drinks, and you can't help but groan as the two people at the front begin to have an animated conversation with one another. If this stretches on any longer you'll have to leave so you don't run into the person whose heart you're inevitably going to break one day.

"You're glowing again." A voice you're fairly used to by now whispers into your ear. You whip around and attempt to smack him over the head, which he (sadly) dodges.

"I realized that Makki." You growl. He shrugs with that stupid smile on his face before tapping the corner of his lips.

"Try smiling a little, auntie told me to make sure you don't walk around looking like that all the time." When you swing at him this time he catches your wrist and nods to the hallway that branches off from the one you're currently in. "Aren't you gonna run now? You're glowing like a bug lamp."

"Yes, I'm going. Do me a favor and buy me something before you go to practice." You pull your arm out of his grip before slipping into the other hallway right as a group of boys appear behind Hanamaki.

"Make him shut up or I'm punching him." Iwaizumi says to Hanamaki, which of course doesn't make Oikawa stop.

"Makki, I'm glowing! Glowinggg!" Oikawa practically swoons, his eyes surveying everyone in the room to see a matching glow. When he doesn't find one he practically deflates. "But no one else is glowing. Why does this always happen to me?"

"Maybe they don't want to meet you?" Matsukawa says with a small shrug. Oikawa gapes at him and Iwaizumi snickers, and with them all distracted no one notices when Hanamaki takes a quick glance down the hall to make sure you're gone.

"Not maybe, they don't." He murmurs.

------

"Why are you hiding?" Hanamaki asks from beside you. You flinch in surprise before leveling him with a heated glare.

"Why are you always appearing whenever I have a problem? Clearly I'm glowing." You sigh and Hanamaki gives you a look.

"If you would just let me tell you who your soulmate is you could dodge him a lot better."

"I don't want to know, so don't bring it up again." You frown at him and this time he's the one who sighs.

"You're starting to glow less so maybe he's gone." Hanamaki peeks out and after a few seconds he nods. "Clear."

"Then I'm gonna run since I still need to get my lunch. I'll see you later." You rush out of the tight space between two bookshelves and Hanamaki leaves right behind you, earning some odd looks from the students in the area. Sadly one of those students is Iwaizumi, who looks at him with an unreadable expression.