seven.

. chapter seven

After deciding that she would stay, August and Charles went their separate ways. Charles advised her to go and spend time with the six mutants in their special hang out room. As much as August hated meeting new people, -or talking to strangers in general- she took up on Charles's offer and made her way through the corridors.

She has come to loathe the CIA. Everyone here seemed to be such jerks; always picking on the mutants like they were circus animals locked up in a cage for their amusement. August doesn't have a mutation, but she felt connected with them in a way. She hated to see the agents teasing them.

August was also a bit anxious to see the group again. The last time she was with them, it hadn't gone so well. Albeit, everyone had a bit to drink, and August allowed herself to have that terrible flashback.

She didn't bother knocking on the door. She just opened it, staring into the room with wide eyes.

Everyone seemed to be somewhat frightened, staring all around the room in confusion and terror. August took a glance at the window where there was a large curtain blocking then from the outside world.

"What's going on?" August dared to ask, stepping into the room cautiously.

"We don't know," Darwin replied, his brown eyes fixated on the maroon curtain.

"What do you mean?"

August didn't get a reply because a thumping sound interrupted one from coming. She casted her gaze over to where she heard the sound. It's definitely coming from outside.

She stumbles over to the curtain, her eyebrows crunched together in confusion. Her fingertips brushed against the smooth fabric before she pulled it open.

There was nothing that seemed out of place, except the destroyed statue in the courtyard. Everything was normal. That is, until a body came hurtling towards the ground.

The impact of the body caused August to jump, and Raven and Angel to let out gasps or squeals. The body fell limp, unmoving and not breathing. That man is dead. How did he fall, from the sky? It seemed almost impossible, unless he had been working on the roof, but there was no reason to be working outside in the dark.

Lights then flashed on all around the building, making August's heart rate speed up to unhealthy speeds. Deep down in her, she wanted Erik and Charles to be here to keep them safe, because she knew that she could do nothing to help the young mutants that huddled together in fear behind her. What was she to do?

A CIA agent and his team ran up to the window, telling them to stay in the room and that they're under attack. Though August could have told them that, seeing that agent by agent was being dropped from the sky.

Then a man that resembled the likes of the Devil appeared behind the team, wielding shining knives in his hands. August backed away from the window, absolutely fear-stricken. Had she refused Charles's offer into coming, she would not be caught up in such a situation.

The agents began to shoot at the red man, only to have missed him each time a shot was fired. The red man appeared and reappeared next to various agents, killing them instantly before moving on to the next agent.

August could hear the sobs of the women behind her and wondered why she felt so helpless. Could she do anything to help them? Probably not, but could she try? Would Charles disapprove if she doesn't?

In the corner of her eye, she caught a giant whirlwind knock down a building far off from the CIA building.

August could barely hear Darwin swear behind her, the sight of the invasion causing him to go into a sort of panic mode. She finally turned away from the window to find that the group of mutants were pulling the door open. There was an agent on the other side, warning them to stay back–to keep themselves in the room.