two.

. chapter two

August walked down the street, her coat fluttering behind her from the harsh winds. Her brown hair was kept under a hat.

Her mind was racing, but everything around seemed at ease. She felt like running, to release all this energy, somehow.

Turning the corner of the street, she was passed by a speeding cyclist. She stumbled, almost falling into the abandoned road. If it wasn't for a hand that grabbed hold of her bicep, pulling her back up onto the wide sidewalk, August would have hit the pavement.

"You should be more careful," a low voice told her, his accent ringing in her ears.

"It wasn't entirely my fault," August defended, glaring over at the peddling cyclist. "You didn't have to catch me, I would've been fine."

"I'm sure."

August dusted herself off, adjusting the hat on her head. She sighed. The stranger was still standing there, observing her as she collected herself.

"Thank you," she muttered, thinking that was what he wanted to hear.

"You're welcome," he replied.

August finally looked up to the stranger. He had a black fedora on his head, covering his dark hair, and a long trench coat. His eyes were a misty grey color, reminding her of her mother's eyes. He had a strong jaw, and a lean stature, making him at least two or three feet taller than her.

Noticing that she was inspecting him, he spoke, "I'm Erik."

Her green eyes met his. "August Moran."

"August?" he repeated. "Like the month?"

She hung her head, ashamed and embarrassed. "Yeah. It's a terrible name, and completely-"

"Unique."

She looked up at Erik, "what?"

"It's unique," he said again, a soft smile on his face. "I've never heard of anyone named August before."

"Oh," she said, shocked. "Thank you, again."

"My pleasure."

She nodded, beginning to walk away from Erik, whom was still staring at her intently. However, he let her go, much to August's relief.

They went their separate ways, not knowing that they would see each other fairly soon.

How about updates every Tuesday and Thursday?

Chapters will get longer, and will make more sense soon. As said before, I didn't go by the movie too much.

Mikayla x.