orlando.

To my FADE AWAY readers,

To have such a terrible act of hatred be inflicted on an innocent group of people, so close to my own home, is such a heart-wrenching feeling.

I am so incredibly sorry for anyone that lost someone they love in the shooting at Orlando. No one in that club deserved to die or be injured in such a way. There was no reason for them to be killed, all because of someone's hatred for them. It's such a tragedy that something like this has happened.

You honestly can't ever see these kinds of things coming. You could know the nicest person ever, and they could be planning your demise as soon as they get home. You never know, and that's the scariest thing about a terrorist attack, in my opinion.

For any of my readers that live in Florida or live anywhere near Orlando (like myself), I pray and hope with everything in me that you stay safe. Such an assault of hatred should never be acted upon; it doesn't matter what race, religion, gender -- petty hatred should never cause you to inflict pain on others.

People around the world could apologize as much as they wish, but no apology could ever save the lives of 50 innocent people that were killed because a man held a hatred so strong for their way of life. The only thing we can do now is mourn with the families who lost loved ones in the shooting.

I wish we didn't live in a world where we have to tell each other to "stay safe" in replacement of "goodbye".

Message me any time if you need to talk, because I will always be here to mourn with you.

Stay safe,
Mikayla x.