Nightmares

First to class - as she had been for the past few days - Atlas tied up her hair and wrapped up her hands, feeling the eyes of Professor Lupin studying her every move. When her hair and hands were done she turned to look over at him questioningly, only for him to smile in turn, his own scar littered face mirroring Atlas's. She regarded the man a moment before smiling back and taking out her wand, twirling it over and under her fingers casually as she waited for other students to start pouring in.

"That's your mother's wand," It was a statement, not a question so Atlas responded to it as such.

"It was left to me, the only thing I have of her beside her journals and a broken necklace," she told and then looked over to him, noting the sadness in his eyes, "I think they were intending on giving it to me as some sort of decoration. Weren't counting on me creating a bond with the wand."

"Yes well, you are her blood," Professor Lupin reasoned.

"Did you know her, Professor?"

"...yes," he nodded, smiling but only slightly, "yes, we were friends. Amaya and I..."

"Could you tell me what she was like?"

"Strong for sure, noble and loyal, she could be erratic at times, hyper fixating on a singular topic only to jump to another one after she'd deemed her research enough. An oddball, I would have deemed her a Ravenclaw if it weren't for the bravery she displayed that overruled her knowledge and wisdom," Lupin seemed to go into a state of nostalgia at the memories, eventually turning and setting his gaze on Atlas once again, "You look exactly like her."

"Everyone says I'm like my dad..."

"Yes well, nobody knew them quite as I did, you may have your fathers...better...mannerisms but everything else belongs to your mother," He told matter of factly and Atlas smiled slightly, only to look past him and at the shaking wardrobe he had tucked behind him, "Ah, our lesson for today."

"A Boggart?" Atlas mused.

"You're well informed."

"Yeah...I may not have been a student here but I still studied," Atlas smirked, taking her robes off and rolling up her sleeves, to cross them, examining the wardrobe with a sharp eye. Whatever was inside would be her greatest fear and in honesty, she was more intrigued than scared to know just what that might be. It could be many things but because it could be many things wouldn't that lessen the blow of the fear? After all, she has fears of course but they all amount to the same in the end, so if she saw one and not the other, how would she react? 

"You don't seem at all moved."

"I'm just wondering what my fear might be...wondering what the Boggart may turn into," She muttered honestly, just as other students began pouring in. They too eyed the wardrobe but with more caution than intrigue as Atlas was. "Guess we'll just have to wait and see..."

"I guess so..." Professor Lupin nodded and then turned, addressing the class as a whole as the last of them came to a stop inside, "Nothing to worry about," He told calmly as more people let out noises of distress at the banging coming from within the seemingly harmless wardrobe. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside? Not you, Atlas."

"That's a Boggart, that is," Dean Thomas announced as Professor Lupin circled around the back of the group to come back to the front, Atlas went to stand by Harry and Ron, casually peering around for Hermione who had yet to show herself.

"Very good, Mr Thomas."

"Where's Hermione?" Atlas asked, to which the boys exchanged a look before glancing around the class.