Her Name

A thump to the face was what woke Atlas the morning of the Triward choosing. She had sat up, understandably confused and disorientated as her eyes focused and were met with one of the ugliest, most endearing, furry faces she had ever seen. Crookshanks. He stared at her with his beady orange eyes, licking his chops and wiping at his face with damp paws. Atlas watched him do so, blinking slowly as she recalled the events of the night prior. Her face exploded heatedly and she yelled, just yelled at the top of her lungs, startling Crookshanks who yowled, jumping off of her to some sort of sanctuary.

The door slammed open and Ginny stopped in the doorway, looking around the room with her wand drawn and ready. Atlas buried her face in a pillow and wailed loudly, a strange sight to be met with at 9 AM and that was saying something as Ginny had walked in on many scenes in her lifetime. The redhead withdrew her wand from the room and tucked it in her skirt pocket, looking at Atlas in confusion and mild annoyance.

"What are you wailing about!?"

"Ginny!" Atlas shouted, throwing the pillow to the side and quickly advancing on the girl, she took her shoulders and shook her around. Ginny staring at her, now with worry in her eyes. "Ginny, this is so bad!"

"What?! What is so bad!?"

"I -- I can't do this" Atlas let her go and ran a hand through her hair, realising after glancing down at herself and seeing the shocked but giggling faces of the girls that had gathered to see what the disturbance was that she hadn't worn a shirt to bed. "Hey! Go to breakfast, would you! And stop ogling!"

"We're looking respectfully!" Alicia called as she walked past and down to the Common Rooms, the rest followed after her, laughing amongst themselves as Ginny simply sighed and Atlas grabbed a tossed shirt from her dresser, pushing her feet into some shoes by the door.

"Are you going to tell me now?" Ginny asked.

"No, nope, I can't deal with it right now," Atlas shook her head, waving it off as she moved past Ginny and out of her room. Crookshanks slipped through the door before it could close and scaled up the back of Atlas's jumper, perching himself on her shoulder comfortably.

"You can't just wake up, scream bloody murder and expect me to forget about it!" Ginny fumed, running after her, though her expression ended up soft and concerned, "Was it a nightmare?"

"Feels like a nightmare. I can't believe you were right," Atlas whined.

"I'm right about most things so you better start believing it," Ginny remarked and then went slightly wide-eyed. "You like Hermione! You actually like--!"

A few Gryffindors walked by and Atlas quickly covered Ginny's mouth, a furious blush flushing across her face as she stared at Ginny, desperately telling her to shut up, sort of pleading actually. She looked just a tad bit pathetic. "Ginny, I swear..."

"Ok, ok!" Ginny threw her hands up and Atlas pulled away, running another, shakier, hand through her hair. "I mean, I told you so..."

"Ginny!"

"Alright!" she cried, her hands in the air again as Atlas glared at her. "Sorry."

"I need to talk to Cedric about this."

"Why pretty boy?"

"I just do," Atlas said. "Godric, everyone kept asking me if I did but I don't know how to recognise a crush so I just said 'I don't know', believing that I could never actually have a crush on Hermione Granger but -- HERE WE ARE!"

"Atlas, calm down. You're scaring the common folk," Ginny whispered in a teasing tone, motioning to the first and second years who stared at the two of them in awed wonder. Ginny waved at them politely while Atlas nodded with a nervous smile.