Love Pentagon

Every time Atlas so much as set a toe in Moody's office she was overcome with something evil, something malevolent and concealed and today was no different, in fact, today was perhaps worse. As Atlas manoeuvred herself into the room, entirely hesitant and tense, she moved toward the screaming chest and sat in the chair beside it, finding an odd comfort coming from somewhere within. It was entirely ironic really, the one thing that should scare her the most out of everything in Moody's old office was the only thing that gave her any relief. Totally demented, just like Moody.

She watched silently, wringing her hands together as Moody unclasped his claw-ended prosthetic and rested it on a stand in front of his Foe-glass, maintaining the image of someone non-existent and background, just so she could prolong the silence that bit longer. She really hated talking to Moody recently, there was just something about him, of course, there always had been but now, he seemed on edge, more so than usual and that was really saying something when describing a man who blew up his house because of a runny tap. It was strange, awkward and through Atlas wanted to get it over with, she found herself stalling the conversation's beginning. 

A sudden bang came from the window and Atlas flinched, turning to see Kalo just outside, a letter in his beak and an urgency in his stare. Atlas glanced down to the paper, recognising the distinct crumples and stains adorning its surface. It was from Sirius, no doubt about it and unlucky for her, Moody had noticed the birds presence.

"That your bird?"

"Yes, sir," Atlas nodded as the man whisked his wand and allowed the owl entry. Kalo eyed him cautiously before hopping inside, landing in her lap and dropping the parchment in her hands, only, he stopped to stay, not moving an inch to venture back to the owlery or her dorm as he usually would after a delivery. Atlas was comforted by this, however, and didn't shoo him away, thankful for the company in Moody's presence. 

"That's no owl."

"I know," Atlas muttered an affirmative, glancing over to him and watching as his false eye looked Kalo over, wildly and searching. "Though I don't know what he is, either. He was my mothers, surely you met him."

"...My memory isn't what it used to be," Moody grunted after a moment, turning back to his leg and tweaking it a few turns while Atlas tucked the letter into her pocket, reasoning she would read it later, when she was away from the prying false-eye of Alastor Moody. Kalo, however, wasn't having it and nipped at her hand, slapping her trouser pocket with his wing imploringly, urging her to read right then and there.

"Fine, alright, yeh daft bird," Atlas muttered, taking the letter out and glancing at Moody nervously, she brushed her thumb against its front unsurely before carefully prying it open, eyes drifting down the contents of the page.

'Atlas, my star,

As you've probably deduced, I will be meeting you during your Hogsmeade trip, in fact, if you would meet me in that cave we met regularly in last year, that would be perfect. Now, don't worry, I'll be careful pumpkin, I assure you. Would you, however, please bring me as much food as you can carry, I'm afraid I haven't come across any elk or other fine foods in my adventures and quite like the idea of a nice peach crumble. 

There are many things I wish to speak with you about, one of these things being the Kelpie of your most recent tournament. I'll speak with you more about it when we meet, face-to-face, this is not something that should be communicated through a letter. In the meantime, remain ever vigilant my dear, your dear old dad will do everything in his power to see you safe and sound, so don't you worry, ok? 

Dad will always be here for you. I love you, pumpkin, my little star, to the farthest galaxy and back.

Sirius.'