Believe In Me

"I don't know what to do, Las."

The sounds of running water ceased and Atlas pulled a towel around her, exiting one of the prefects' showers to where her clothes lay in a pile. She took a moment to decide on how to respond as she dried herself off, Cedric stood waiting by the door. They'd bumped into each other after dinner and she'd taken the opportunity to take a shower using Cedric's prefect pass. She had been in need of one after Professor Moody's display in class, a cold sweat having broken out across her body.

Plus, the prefect bathrooms were just so much better. Cleaner, nicer and practically barren. 

"I don't know, Ced," Atlas sighed, tossing her towel over her shoulder as she joined the boy outside. She let her damp hair remain untied, wetting her shoulders. She was too tired to care. "Look, Cho totally likes you. She asked about us. Asked if we were a thing. She clearly wants to make a move."

"Then why doesn't she!?"

"There's that stigma around girls asking boys out, you know, cause unlike you, most of the other boys take pride in their...well, pride," Atlas told and then slapped Cedric's back, "just go for it, Ced. There's no way she'll say no, alright? And...if she does...there's plenty of fish in the sea?"

Cedric looked at her funnily.

"It's a muggle saying, Hermione taught me it but that's not the point! Seriously, Ced...you've got this," Atlas smiled and Cedric nodded, huffing slightly before laughing. "What? What did I say?"

"Nothing, nothing," he waved off and hooked an arm over her shoulder. "You're just the best."

"I know," Atlas grinned, swiping her hand through her hair. They walked in silence a moment, Cedric seemingly debating another thought in his mind. Atlas was in her own world, nodding and waving at those that passed by. Being polite, in a word. Otherwise, she was just fiddling with her wand in her pocket, thinking about that afternoon's DADA lesson with Moody. It had been bothering her for the entirety of the day because, yes, granted, Moody could be strict, he was a loose cannon, erratic but there was something about him, something about the way he presented himself.

Like an act of some sort. 

"Are you excited for the tournament?"

"Hmm? Oh--!" Atlas nodded, turning and walking backwards as she talked to the boy animatedly. "The tournament, not so much but the people!? Zasha and Fleur are coming!" she announced and Cedric nodded slowly, having no idea who these people were but still being glad Atlas seemed so excited and happy. "Knowing Fleur she'll enter the tournament, though," she chuckled, "rather her than me."

"What?"

They rounded into the hallway holding the Fat Lady's painting, the door to Gryffindor Tower. "What? This whole tournament is stupid to me, I wouldn't enter even if I could."

Cedric laughed slightly, "It's not stupid," he refuted and Atlas cocked a brow. "It'd be an honour to be chosen, to represent the school. Could you imagine if you won, Atlas? Everyone would know your...name..."

"Yeah, see where it lost its appeal to me?" Atlas smiled, crossing her arms. "You're going to enter aren't you?"

"Well...yeah?" Cedric nodded and Atlas rolled her eyes, continuing to the Fat Lady and offering her that weeks password. The Hufflepuff quickly jogged after her, catching his borrowed towel as it was thrown back to him. "What did the eye roll mean, Las?"

"Just exasperated at how stupid you can be," Atlas grinned, wiggling her fingers in farewell as the Fat Lady closed, creating a wall between the two. Cedric huffed lightly as he stared and slowly turned on his heel, going back the way he came.