Butterbeers to-go

A laughing Atlas got to her feet, brushing down the twigs and dirt that had gotten on her in Lyra's attack, said wolf wagging her tail and sitting patiently in front of her. Hermione had gone as white as a sheet, her entire body trembling, fists clenched. She stormed up to Atlas and pounded at her arm, insults spewing from her mouth all the while Atlas kept laughing.

"You total arse Atlas Black! I thought you were getting mauled!" Hermione cried as Atlas gasped for breath, Lyra cocking her head to the side as she looked between the two. One of them being someone she didn't know. An army of cubs came bounding out of the treeline, startling both Atlas and Hermione out of the respective fits. "Puppies..."

"Lyra! You brought your pups along?" Atlas grinned, ruffling the top of the wolf's head and approaching the mini versions of her, arms outstretched. "Hey, there little ones..."

As soon as Atlas sat down, Lyra pounced into her lap and practically made herself at home, leaving room for a few of her pups to join. At this Atlas huffed, patting Lyra's belly as five out of the six pups piled onto their mother, the final one left to its lonesome.

"You left this one out," Hermione said, sitting down beside Atlas and patting her lap, the little wolf went over to her and tentatively climbed into her arms. "I'm still mad at you."

"Sorry, I couldn't help it, I wanted to see your reaction," Atlas smirked, leaning out of the way when Lyra went to lick at her face, she tried to get her hands free from a few of the cubs who were making chew toys out of her fingers. "You got the runt of the litter."

"I did?" Hermione picked the little wolf up, noting it was a lot smaller than the rest of its siblings. "Poor thing."

"She's fine, Lyra's raising her. Runts don't stay runts forever anyway," Atlas told and then she grinned excitedly, leaning closer to Hermione, "How was it? Were you scared? Did my acting look convincing?"

"Put it this way, I thought I was going to have to explain to Professor McGonagall why her god-daughter was never coming back," Hermione sighed and then leant against Atlas, playing with the little wolf in her lap. "God, I almost had a heart attack."

"Sorry." Atlas smiled and then looked back at Lyra, cupping her face in her hands, "Did you hear that Lyra? The pretty girl was worried about my safety, do you think she has a crush on me?" She asked and Hermione went scarlet, punching Atlas's arm. She really needed to get used to Atlas's random playful comments.

"I'm right here, you know!?"

"Oh really? Didn't see you," Atlas replied with a grin, a twinkle of playfulness in her eye, she turned back to Lyra. "How have you been you brute?" Lyra made a sound at the back of her throat and then sneezed in Atlas's face, earning a loud laugh from Hermione and a grimace from the girl herself, "...nice one, Ly...appreciated that."

She got a lick to the face in turn, which got another little laugh from Hermione who reached out and scratched behind the wolf's ear. "She's very pretty."

"She is..." Atlas agreed, staring down at Hermione fondly, she turned away after a short cough, "...she's also the only one out of the pups I raised that still meets me."

"You raised her?" Lyra nuzzled at Hermione's palm.

"Yeah, her and her four brothers," Atlas told, catching the figures of a few students making their ways back to the castle, "We should think about going soon, we wanted to go to the Three Broomsticks before we returned, right?"

"I forgot!" Hermione suddenly jerked, eyes slightly wide and cheeks flushed, turning to look down at her watch, "Oh no, we won't have enough time..."