Setting Sun

"Such a pretty boy..."

"Don't!" Atlas yelled as Voldemort approached him, hearing some vague noise of recognition from Cedric, who was looking around, that blindfold still firmly fixed to his face. He was sweating, there was blood at his temple and he was pale. He was scared. "Don't touch him with your filthy fucking -- !"

A sharp tug had her eyes to the sky, a sharp blade to her throat as the Monster, Achlys stared into her eyes, her very soul. Atlas swallowed, staring back at her angrily, teeth gritted as she tried to relent, tried to look back at Cedric. Voldemort seemed to wave her off, laughing amusedly, as soon Achlys was gliding back to Cedric's side, her claws glinting and Atlas realised then, it hadn't been a blade to her throat.

The graveyard was silent again, save for Voldemorts manic laughter and Harry's painful struggling in the background. Cedric was looking around blindly, frantic and panting as Atlas felt the finger on which his ring decorated, throbbing, growing hot with how his heart pounded, so heavily, so fearfully. Voldemort circled to Cedric's back and reached one of his long slender fingers to hook just beneath his blindfold, peeling it back slowly and when his eyes were revealed, the terror and absolute fear within them exposed for the whole graveyard to see, Atlas started to silently cry.

Next was his gag.

"Atlas!" He cried, blood pooling down the side of his head. "Atlas, don't listen to anything he says! Ok!? Don't worry about me!"

And at his words Atlas realised, Cedric was not scared for himself, he was scared for her and that pained her even more. It shattered her because she realised that his heart was pounding for her, the panic in his voice was for her, the tears in his eyes were for her, it was all because of her. Everything. 

"How warming," Voldemort laughed, walking to stand beside Atlas, his hand back in her hair. "Achlys, get Harry."

"...yes, My Lord," that hesitance again. Achlys had Harry in her grasp in mere seconds, throwing him to the ground beside Atlas, the vines still tight around him as he panted, looking at Cedric and then to Atlas. But Atlas was frozen, she was locked in a daze, tears swimming in her eyes as her mouth hung slightly open, terror and pain on her face that reflected in Cedric's, but again, not for himself, for her.

"Now, it's a simple offer..." Voldemort began, gliding over to Cedric and caressing the boy's face. "If you join me, Astraea, I will let your brother live."

"No! No, don't do it Atlas!" Cedric yelled as Harry simply went wide-eyed. 

"You will be my right hand," Voldemort continued as Cedric yelled and fought, as Harry remained silent, not knowing what to say. Should he argue and let Cedric die? Or remain silent and let what little family he had left, slip through his fingers? He thought Sirius might never forgive him but then, if he let Cedric die, Atlas might never forgive him either. "You will be feared, you will be powerful and...your brother gets to live."

"Atlas, don't!" Cedric cried as Atlas simply stared at him, her throat suddenly dry. "Please, Atlas!" Voldemort grinned. "Don't do it, your mother died so you wouldn't become his right hand, his weapon! You told me so yourself! You can't do this!"

Silence blanketed the graveyard again.

"I'll..." Atlas began, tearing her eyes from Cedric as the boy shook his head, frantic now as he resorted to pleading with Harry, pleading that he say something before Atlas finished her sentence. Before she swallowed and trudged on. It was too late. "I'll join you..."

Voldemort grinned, his red eyes gleaming brighter as he then turned to his audience, his Death Eaters. "Do you see? How powerful fear is? Do you all see?" He laughed again, mouth wide and almost hysterical as Atlas dropped her gaze to the floor, swallowing as more tears built up in her eyes. "Very well, Astraea, I will spare your brother..."