A Twat?

Rain practically assaulted Atlas as she ducked outside to greet Minerva home. She was sheltering in her carriage, a Thestral at its front pawing impatiently at the ground as it waited for Minerva to leave its charge. Atlas eyed it curiously. Though it was a beautiful creature, mysterious and absolutely mesmerizing, it reminded Atlas of things she'd seen in her past. For the requirements of laying her eyes on such a beast were not the kindest and she would rather leave them behind if she could.

Tearing her gaze away from the dark creature, Atlas held out her hand for Minerva to take, her other hung over her eyes to stop the rain from pelting upon her sight. The woman took it tentatively, eyeing the sky gravely for a split second before committing to the task and quickly scurrying after Atlas. Minerva went in first, Atlas shutting the door behind her and running a wet hand through her equally as sopping wet hair.

"Your clothes are usually enchanted with Impervius, Minerva. What happened to them?" Atlas asked, taking off her shoes and tossing her jacket over the rack by the roaring fire. Of course, she could have used magic to dry them but there would always be a horrid smell of dampness that would cling to the clothing when she did. Drying them by the fire may have been slower but at least her clothes wouldn't smell like wet dog.

"This is a new dress, I hadn't the chance to enchant it and didn't know the weather would be so abysmal," she admitted, looking down at herself as thick lines of rainwater dripped and made a puddle around her. "I was going to wear it to the opening ceremony but it looks like I'm out of luck."

"Toss it by the fire, it'll be dry by the time it starts," Atlas urged with a shrug and made her way to her bedroom, leaving her door the slightest bit open so she and Minerva could chat as they changed. "How was France?"

"Quite wonderful actually, not as dreary," Minerva replied and Atlas could hear the woman pulling on her nightgown, the little bells that lined the hems of her sleeves jingling quietly. "Ah, I took the liberty of collecting your new uniform. I'll place it just outside your door."

"Thank you," Atlas called. The woman's footsteps advanced and retreated further back into the living room, leaving Atlas the ability to grab her new clothes in peace. She quickly put them on, adjusting each piece to fit her perfectly. Her old uniform had been quite baggy but this time Minerva had made sure to get her exact measurements so the tailor could do a better job. "Good news! It fits!"

"Excellent, dear," Minerva seemed to hum approvingly and Atlas ventured outside her bedroom, her tie still hanging loosely around her neck. "You still do not know how to tie a tie, do you?"

"Hermione said she'd teach me," Atlas excused with a wave of her hand and then looked down at herself. "It's a shame it'll soon be ruined, 'ey? With that ghastly weather outside."

"Truly," Minerva agreed with a sigh and adjusted her square rimmed glasses in thought, looking out through the window and at the thick curtain of rain still turning the castle into a glowing shadowed blur.

"So, what were you doing in France?"

"You'll soon find out, Atlas."

"Come on...you can tell me, I won't tell anyone," Atlas smiled, nudging her godmother without any real strength behind it. The woman sent her an unconvinced look so Atlas resigned and threw her hands up, "Alright so, perhaps I would tell Hermione but that's all." Another look. "Ok, Ron and Harry too."

"No Atlas, I cannot tell you. That is my final answer," Minerva finalised and Atlas huffed out a breath of annoyance, grumbling and pouting as she walked into the kitchen and poured herself a brew of hot chocolate. She purposefully ignored Minerva's cat designed mug and sauntered into the living room casually and undisturbed. Though she noticed, Minerva did not speak on it and instead smiled disbelievingly. "So, dear, how was the Quidditch Cup?"