🌼the fault in our stars🌼

[author: hey yall, happy new year. and so here's my updated look for Elodie for the Year Of The Rabbit trend. check out my insta, link in bio. hope you enjoy.]

~•○🌼○•~

"Oh, dear God."

Recovery Girl bemoaned calmly as she stood on her chair, overlooking Todoroki's serious circumstances.

Meanwhile, Izuku was trembling amok in panic and shock. He found Shouto with yellow petals coming from out his mouth... and blood! Blood of all things! That grew major red flags over his head. He still felt a little queasy after seeing the haunting scene though but he managed to keep himself composed. He had to wait for the students in the halls to resume class before having to carry him to the Youthful Heroine's office. She had to put the poor sick boy on IV because he had gotten dehydrated from his episode. Tracking his heart monitor too and it was more moderate than before. His breathing was concerningly weak, with a tiny peek of a yellow petal poking out from his mouth. He was sweating as if he were in trekking the Sahara for months.

"This is bad! This is bad! This is bad! Todoroki-kun, are you going to be okay?! This is not normal! This can't be real! Why were you throwing up flower petals?! Why didn't you tell the teachers?! Are you dying?!"

"Silence, boy!" Old lady Chiyo thumped the talkative bush-haired boy on the crown. As much as she wanted to say I told you so to the critical ignorant teenager, she knew Todoroki was going to reach his breaking point. After holding it back for months since back at the recommendation exam, his Hanahaki came back into full throttle.

"I contacted your sister about this and she'll take you home. But I will not hesitate to contact Endeavor about your Hanahaki," she declared.

"Hanahaki. The lovesick disease..." Midoriya whispered. And by his tone, he...didn't sound so surprised. He's read about it. Heard about it too. It's a world of Quirks, so he knew such a myth could exist. But could someone possibly have a Hanahaki Quirk? If so, is there a safer way to reverse it? He has never heard of someone with the disease and survived it though. So...this was extremely unsettling. He rubbed his painful head as he saw the calm look on the Healing Hero. She didn't look too worried about Todoroki unless she was hiding it cleverly under a mask. She was the medical professional here, but in reality, she was too clueless about what to actually do in this situation.

"N-no...please..." Shouto was surprisingly still conscious and weakly opened his eyelids. "Don't."

"Young man, if you don't get rid of your illness in the one easy way you know how, then I'm afraid you'll die by your own lovesickness."

"If...Hanahaki is caused by lovesickness, which means...Todoroki has fallen in love. Right?"

"Aren't you the Captain of Obvious?" Recovery Girl replied sassily. As much as she wanted to do her job, this part of it just wasn't it. "This boy refuses surgery. He had plenty of chances to go the other way but at this rate, it seems he couldn't do it. But as soon as his sister gets here, she has to tell Endeavor about this and get surgery to remove all the petals growing and multiplying in his gastrointestinal system as we speak. Any more and his lungs will be clogged. And he'll go into organ failure."

"And the other way being...to confess to the person he loves?" Midoriya turned back to Todoroki with an uncertain gaze.

"Yes. But he stubbornly refuses to tell who it is. I assume it's someone in your class," Recovery Girl huffed and jumped off her seat towards the medicine cabinet. "I'll give you more prescribed medication that can only stop the pain. Since Hanahaki is not a recognized disease to my knowledge, I can only block your pain for now. But if you continue like this, it will get worse. This is a final warning. I don't believe in mythical sicknesses, but seeing how you're possibly the first to go through it this long and still have the air in your lungs is. I suggest you do something about it."