🌼mellifluous🌼

~•○🌼○•~

One wouldn't actually think Katsuki Bakugou listens to Indie-Pop.

Heck, one wouldn't think he had a favorite music genre. But miraculously he does. The curt ash blonde had airpods on his way to school.

And try to guess what artist he listens to.

"I'm from the East side of America, where we spread lies into fairy dust..." he murmured.

He wouldn't say he was a hard-core Indie-Pop fan, he has his moments with Trap music too. Don't judge! He hasn't actually listened to his Chainsmokers Playlist in quite a while until now. Imagine Dragons songs are the usual tracks he plays. You could say he himself even embodies an Imagine Dragons song. But he literally just stumbled upon it, just lying there on his Spotify library untouched and...yeah, suddenly Sickboy just started playing.

But nowadays Katsuki didn't realize that his head felt a lot lighter. Almost at the cloud nine stage but just chilling below the stratosphere. Maybe it was because he didn't fully sleep last night on the count that he and Elodie had been texting until 1am, or the fact he still couldn't sleep after that. The two blondes mostly talked for hours after they got home. It was either about stuff that they'd seen online, trends or memes that Katsuki barely knows of. Who knew the blondette was - let's say; cultured?

He started to know a lot little more about Elodie. About her cousins, about her dysfunctional dynamic of the loud and proud Yamada-extended family. And how Aizawa and Present Mic are a gay married couple. Katsuki was completely thrown off by that one the whole hour. He did hear Hagakure talk about Eraser having a marriage band but he thought she was the one tripping. Bakugou didn't know if he could look at them right again. But then again, who was he to dictate on the LGBTQ community? Not like he knew someone, it was their lives after all. Holy shit, imagine if the rest of his classmates heard about this. Their reactions would be golden! He'd have to get his phone camera ready for it when it happens. And it also turns out that Hizashi and Shouta actually have an unofficial last married name together.

So it's Mr. and...Mr. Yamazawa. Clever. Way better than just Yamada-Aizawa.

They're currently thinking of adopting...but that's been put aside for now.

Over on Elodie's side, she got to know a bit more about Katsuki too. He said his parents weren't that much to talk about, apart from being fashion designers. He only has one cousin. He's played percussion since he was little because his parents forced him to. And apart from his secret addiction to romance manga and telenovelas, he even reads off from Mangatoon and Webcomics. He admitted that he kinda simped for that one girl from the anime; My Dress-Up Darling. But that was a long time ago! Or...so he claims...

Katsuki could still reminisce about their talks last night. He was even reading off the messages they sent each other. Pink tints lines across his cheeks and his lip were parted in a love-struck quiver. But when Elodie announced good night, Katsuki did say the same thing too but the truth was...he wanted the conversation to keep on going. His heart was fluttering each time she replied back. Giggling almost like a teenage girl yet instead he'd blush madly and resist setting off his bed from his nitrosweat every time she sent a cute emoji. He only had like a couple hours of sleep and ended up waking up tightly hugging his own pillow. The same pillow that still had Elodie's scent.

"Looks like the mate's drenched in man's deadliest toxin...called Love..." the diseased voice in his head chuckled but Katsuki ignored it. The song ended and shuffled to a new one he knows the lyrics to more. Well, of the chorus actually. It had a bit of EDM flare to it too. He admits the World Wor Joy album was pretty nice. Crap, he didn't ask what type of music Elodie listens to. Better note it down for lunch later. The school wasn't that far now, he was 40 minutes early so a quiet walk wasn't so bad. It was just down the sidewalk towards the park on the way to the station.