🌼ready to fly, little butterfly?🌼

~•🌼•~

Elodie's anxiety has been all over the place.

She paced around her bedroom, awaiting her rejection letter from UA. No! No...she had to think positively. It's only been like four weeks, and no response. The wait is always the most draining part to endure.

Elodie's mom blazed flames after hearing her precious little girl was almost raped. The name; 'Yasashī ' might mean gentle and loving, but when someone messed with her baby, well...Hīzashī and the rest of the family know how enticingly fierce she can be. Elodie still had nightmares of them...touching her. Laughing malevolently at her with those snarky lecherous eyes. Haunting her mind ever so cruelly. And crying herself to sleep. Yasashī idealized she should go to therapy, but the timid teen declined. It's not the first time something like this would traumatize her.

And she hates therapists. Long story.

But...something made her forget about the incident.

~🌻four weeks ago🌻~

The top ten were on a race against each other through the 3 km obstacle race course. Momo Yaoyorozu - using her jetpack - rocketed herself to 3rd place position, with 7 others lagging behind. However, she couldn't catch up to Shouto Todoroki or Inasa Yoarashi far ahead.

But then a soft breeze appeared, a blow of yellow petals swished past her and took her spot, along with a soothing jingling before it faded away. Her black hues couldn't believe what she saw. "Is that...Elodie?"

She rode on a wave of millions and millions of shining yellow petals produced from her blonde curly afro-like poodle-tails.

"WWOOOOAHHH...check out No.28 surfing past No.12 with her floral waves while taking 3rd place!!! No.41 and 39 are both still aiming to reach the finish line! But who will make it first!!!" Present Mic commentated, with excitement at every tone.

Elodie noticed the spiky ice trail left behind, Todoroki was definitely up ahead.

"Woah...incredible..." she gasped in awe. She almost lost control of her waves just looking at the ice, astounded. She furrowed her brows, she couldn't afford to get distracted. The bright yellow petal waves moved at coordinate movements from her hands. This was really the only time she used her Quirk out in public like this. She pretended it was just her and her mom training her Quirk. Just them. Alone. With no one watching her.

And it helped. The waves boosted and went even faster...but Inasa and Shouto were still far ahead. Yaomomo was still trying to keep up in her jetpack, a little astonished at what Elodie's Quirk could do. She wanted questions answered by the end of the course.

Elodie's drawbacks were creeping in, her nervous system beginning to shut down on her. Gradually becoming numb. A coming sting hit the nerves in her hands like hot water. At that time, Inasa crossed the finish line first before Todoroki could.

"WOWZA! No. 41 reaches first by a hair!" Mic was at the finish line and recorded the times of each winner. The blonde Hero was flabbergasted at the records. "And it's 3 minutes faster than the average time!"

"Alright! I won!" The Whirlwind Quirk user cheered.

Present Mic perked up and saw familial yellow petals raining over to the finish. The beautiful sound of chiming bells faded away like a fresh spring breeze. Elodie reached the finish and panted in exhaustion. "Followed by No.39 as second, we have Elo--er...No.28 comes in at third! Woo!" The said blonde girl looked up to see a thumbs up from the Voice Hero.

~•🌻•~

The most exhilarating moment in her life, even after getting her drawback check before the interview. Oh boy, that one was a mess. She stuttered throughout the entire time! Well, guess it's over now. She can kiss her chance in UA bye-bye. She's screwed. She's so so so screwed! She answered most of the asked questions; some had to be repeated because she quietly peeped the answers. She wished she could take it all back.