Go

"Work" I repeat.
"Yip, I make inventions and traps and stuff" Namjoon says, shining brightly.

I take a deep breath for my brain to work.

"Yeah ok" I huff out. Sounds interesting enough.

"Great. Do you want to leave now?" he politely asks.
"Anything you want" I say with a slight nod.
"Cool...then maybe we could leave now" he sheepishly suggests.

I nod, stepping out from my temporary home, shutting the door behind me.

Namjoon tells me about an invention he is currently working on. I listen with a close ear.

This guy is pretty smart. I should be cautious of him...

We are a bit further from the village, guiding me to a bigger building.

"And this is where the magic happens" he proudly says as we enter the building.

"If it gets too boring, just tell me" he tells me. I nod.

If you lived as long as me, you pick up on a few things. Not just a few things but a million things...in depth.

He continues to work on his latest invention, explaining every little thing to me. I nod, actually understanding what he says.

"Good Morning" someone enters the building. I turn my attention to the entrance to see three other people.

"Hey guys. This is (Y/N)" Namjoon quickly introduces. I bow to greet them.

"Y-you don't need to bow" the one says, all flustered.
"Nice to meet you" the one says with a smile. The other simply nods.

"Hope you don't mind I brought her here" Namjoon sheepishly says.
"Of course not. You're more than welcome to join us" the one kindly says.

"So you're the new person in town. You are just as they described" the one says with a smile.

I mentally squint my eyes. Now why would you say that to someone you just met?

I keep my neutral face.

"I suppose" I simply say.
"And a woman of few words. Just my type" the guy says with a smirk. The other two seem embarrassed for him.

"Stop it. She's married" Namjoon bursts his bubble.
"I don't see no ring. If you're having problems, you're always welcomed to cry on my shoulder" the guy carries on.

Is this guy really patronising me?

"Jongho, please stop" the one guy finally says with a sigh.
"Sorry" the other says, looking down.

I remember a time I would've snap back at people like that but this time I really don't care what humans have to say.

Humans don't even live a hundred years so what they say or do will not change the world, especially not my world.

"Please excuse him" Namjoon says as we walk back to his station. I simply shrug. Namjoon looks at me with a worried look. He finally decides to speak his concerns.

"You shouldn't allow that" Namjoon says.
"I really don't care" I say with a shrug.

Namjoon bites his cheek but drops it.

Namjoon continues with his inventions, quiet at first but slowly picked up steam again.

Eventually, I got hungry. I remembered I didn't eat dinner last night since I passed out on the chair.

"I'll be back" I bother Namjoon. He continues what he is doing but talks to me anyway.

"Where you going?" he asks, fully concentrated on his invention.
"Food. I'll bring for you as a thank you" I say. I don't want to interrupt him from work.