𝟰 - 𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁

Harith's POV.

It was a gloomy, rainy day in the Imperial Sanctuary, and the clock was pointing at exactly 5:00 AM. Harith could not sleep since the beginning he arrived here, he felt his eyes more painful than ever. It was only yesterday he moved in, but to him it felt like it had been weeks. He looked out the window and observed the sky. The gigantic cloud was gravel grey, with thunder and lightnings roaring upon it. The sound of the rain was comforting him though, he loved the rain. However, it was still uncomfortable for him to stay here for a lot of other reasons.

In all honesty, Harith missed being in the Enchanted Forest, with all his friends playing with magic and pure laughter filled the air, causing troubles along the way until others would scream and yell at them, begging to stop. He missed all of them, especially his good friend named Nana, who happened to be such a lovely and delightful little cat-like lady. However, he had to leave the forest whether he liked it or not, because not only did he lost his beloved grandfather, but also his village, thanks to the abyssal demons destroying every single leonin's home. It was truly a chaotic tragedy.

Consider himself lucky, because he survived pretty much everything that happened. He was also fortunate that a surviving demon hunter, Alucard, had rescued him from the catastrophic event, and it made him even more thankful to find out he was an ally. Harith remembered himself crying and sobbing on the way to a whole new place, far from where he once belonged, the Moniyan Empire. It was full of mankind and only mankind. There was no such thing as leonins in this region, and Harith felt like he would never blend in, especially with his insane magical abilities.

The people were all staring at him, and Harith just wanted to completely disappear. What could a leonin do in this kind of situation? He could not possibly show his magic to these people, as it always brought trouble in his village, let alone in this foreign land he did not know of at all. They were all staring at him when he and Alucard arrived, some of them even paused what they were currently doing just to observe his little self.

Until this moment, Harith still felt awful for staying. He didn't even believe if the princess was really the princess, or if she was in disguise of someone else. She didn't look like one when he first met her in the Monastery of Light along with the giant man beside her, which explained his suspicion. However, he may not have any other choice for now. He wanted to leave this place, but if he did, where else would he go? His home was ruined, and the Moniyan Empire was the only place he could temporarily stay at.

He then heard a knock on the door. The princess revealed herself in a plain, long-sleeved white cotton dress, several parts of it crumpled. Her hair was still tied in a messy bun with her typical front streak hair resting upon her forehead.

"May a friend come in?" she asked.

"Yes," Harith said shortly. He kept looking down, his eyes didn't bother making any contact with her. He saw her bringing a cup of warm tea, which was extremely rare of a royalty to serve her guest. The princess had been nothing but kind to him, and that made him glad despite what he had been through.

"How's your new room?" she asked calmly.

"It's nice," he said nervously, not wanting to disappoint her. She had indeed been a kind friend, but at the same time he was still uneasy that he was the only living thing with a different species in this region of the country. He wanted the Enchanted Forest to be restored so badly. He wanted everything to be back to how it was before.

"This was my old room," she explained. "I was nine when my mother gave it to me as a gift, she thought I deserved my very own bedroom, where I could experiment with magic all day without causing any trouble to my parents." She let out a small giggle as she looked around the room, reminiscing her past.