𝟭𝟳 - 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁

Fanny's POV.

She promised her brother she would never leave the palace again, and the only thing she had been doing since then was sketching in her room and nowhere else, except when it was lunch or supper. But now he did the reverse. He's a selfish person, she thought. He always was, but where exactly did he go?

Fanny had been staying in her room ever since he confronted her for her stupid actions several days ago. She was indeed sorry for it, but as soon as she walked down the stairs that particular day, she had seen no sign of her brother's presence. She remembered checking his room to see if he was still asleep, or his desk to see if he was doing something last night, but still, he was nowhere to be found.

She was very much upset about her brother's behavior, but as much as she was angry at him, the feeling of worry managed to cover up her anger. He left her alone, but she didn't mind being alone, all she was thinking now was his whereabouts.

What was he trying to do? What if he was in trouble doing it? The thoughts just couldn't escape her head, even though she knew her brother would never be in danger. Even if he was, his mind would always come up with a solution.

Lost in her own thoughts and her sketches, she hadn't realized someone was knocking on the door. She got out of bed to open it, revealing the princess in her fancy nightgown.

"Trouble sleeping again?" she asked, her face unhappy. But Fanny didn't have to provide her with answers. Silvanna already knew why, therefore she let herself in and gave her an embrace.

Fanny responded with a hopeless shrug, inhaling a deep breath to prevent herself from dropping a tear.

"Your brother is fine, you know he is," the princess said reassuringly to ease her worries. "Did you listen to our discussion two days before your brother's confrontation?"

"I think so," Fanny said, though she didn't quite remember much. She ran away quick as a bird before they noticed.

"Even though I specifically said to leave at dawn that day, he didn't leave knowing that you were absent," the princess said softly. Her voice was like an angel. "He was worried. He loves you so much, you know."

Of course he does, that's why he confronted me. He was her brother, indeed, but Fanny just didn't want more thoughts about him. He had left his own sister alone without consent, and that was just as unacceptable as her actions.

"What is that?" Fanny asked, pointing to the large book Silvanna was holding in her hands. She then sat on Fanny's bed, and Fanny was very much awake for a different subject of conversation apart from talking about her brother.

"A book called History of the Dawn," she said, showing it to her. "My father gave it to me when I was a child."

Fanny held the book, opening its pages to see what was inside. She noticed Silvanna had marked on a section titled: 'The East, Cadia Riverlands'.

"Why this page?" Fanny asked, her curiosity growing inside her.

"Stories have been told about the eastern region," she started. "Cadia Riverlands was filled with unstoppable warriors when they fought their wars against the western conquerors, all for gold and forbidden glory. But the east took it back, achieving their triumph as the westerners died and their commanders retreated."

As soon as she spoke, Fanny knew immediately what she was going for.

"Silvanna—"

"We need more allies," she said, shaking her head. "We can't achieve our victory with the strength of only five warriors. Whoever is ruling Cadia Riverlands, they are able to help us."