𝟴 - 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗺

Tigreal's POV.

"... And as we find out what they're up to, some of us will be traveling to the north, and some to the south," He concluded. Tigreal pointed the destinations with his index finger.

"If this came to failure, what then?" Silvanna questioned. "The abyss might not barge in to our territory yet, but I know Alice is setting up a much clever idea. She put an enchantment when she attacked Azure Lake so none of us would notice a single clue about it. Her next plan could be worse."

"Whatever she's planning, don't let her outsmart us," he said. "Nobody is good. Nobody is true. Trust no one but your allies, anyone else we encounter outside Moniyan may be a threat."

Before anyone started to speak, the door of the council room opened.

"Alucard," Silvanna greeted. "So, Granger agreed to participate. Good for you."

"If I didn't have revenge to the abyss, I wouldn't bother joining in," said Granger, putting his violin in the corner of the room.

"Figured anything out?" Alucard asked, ignoring Granger's words.

"It's all about being thorough," Tigreal said. "If you witness anything suspicious, don't hesitate to report. Any signs can be our advantage."

"Perhaps we must start our journey to other lands," Silvanna suggested. "Alice might be putting more enchantments on other regions, and it would cause us no harm to investigate."

"When will we leave?" Harith asked.

"We leave at dawn," Silvanna decided. "Different regions for each of us, but remember to communicate in any possible way. Harith and Alucard, you two will set foot on Azrya Woodlands. I have studied a thing a two there, and there might be a solution to all this madness. Please be careful. Tigreal, I hope you'd be kind enough to travel to the smaller cities in Moniyan. Granger, you—"

"I don't take orders from you," he interjected. "I have my own plan of ambush."

"Your own plan? I thought we agreed to work together here," Tigreal fought back.

"You agreed to work together," Granger corrected.

"Then why are you here?"

"You brought me here, and I couldn't seem to refuse because apparently you are royalties. Shame, I thought it'd be nicer if you'd just let me go."

Silvanna stood up at his words. "We are here to help you, Granger. Think of us as your enemies or whatever it is you prefer, but know that we stay true to our purposes. Fighting the abyss isn't easy, but we battle against them for the sake of bringing peace. I understand what you have been through, we all do, but a scar wouldn't be carved in your heart if you trust us." Her voice was strict and deep, standing tall among the rest.

The death chanter went silent for a while, then sighed. "My revenge against the abyss stays as it is. I only fight for myself, no one else. I survived this far because I trust no one."

"Then I guess you are dismissed," Silvanna demanded sternly, making it clear it was the end of discussion.

Tigreal was disappointed hearing his insensitive words, but the princess took it too far. As much as he disliked the vagrant poet, he had the same story as the others, and he wanted nothing more than to be of help. He needed help.

"Finish whatever quest it is inside your head," Tigreal said. "We are still your ally, and you may return at anytime if you must. We'll be here." He glanced at the princess who seemed to soften her expression.

Granger looked down, probably feeling bad. He let out a sigh again. "I meant no offense, Your Highness, but I've always thought I work better alone."