𝟭𝟰 - 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗹𝗲

3rd Person's POV.

The moon was shining bright red against the cloudy night. The woods was mysterious enough to hypnotize oneself, but she was used to it. Foreign sounds and strange sights seemed to be lurking between the trees. What are they called again? Demons, orcs, devils, whatever names they were given by their creator. She had seen one before, and for a split second she had not believed her eyes. She wasn't stupid, though. Abyssal demons were as real as mankind. History was learned, and history couldn't possibly lie, right?

Demons always brought chaos, and the evidence was proven in a recent incident. The image of it was still clear inside her head; demons were attacking from every corner, bodies torn to pieces as the soil absorbed their blood. Her friends let out their last breaths as they died in the palm of her hand, leaving her the only survivor of the ambush. Even so, she was almost killed.

She wanted to fight, help them with every last energy remaining. She could not possibly fail her biggest mission. All her life she had always accomplished them, guiding her friends to do their missions right. If only she fought with them, they would probably succeed. But her tactless self decided to leave them be and escaped alone, running toward the deeper side of the woods. She lost her friends due to her own ego. What a foolish move, she insulted herself over and over.

She was left with her only weapon and her wounds. Building a campfire for a source of light and heat was her only option to handle the extreme cold. The demons left a great amount of scratches in almost every part of her body. Blood was still dripping from some large cuts. Some went dry, but were just as painful. She lost too much blood already she hoped death would take her life any second.

She struggled to gather some woods. Her legs were too sore to function properly, and the pitch blackness didn't help her vision at all. She still managed to collect some, putting them on the ground as she tried her best to ignite the fire. Sparks came out of it as she blew the base, producing a slightly bigger fire, perhaps enough to keep her warm for the night. She exhaled loudly, her body shivering and her scars throbbing against her skin.

Just as she was about to have a moment of calmness, a twig broke somewhere behind her, followed by the sound of footsteps.

Her heart stopped.

Someone was there, and thank the Lord she was armed. Anyone she did not know was an enemy. Her body stiffened, her eyes and ears open, but the forest was now as still as it once before.

"Reveal yourself," she decided to say.

No answer, but the footsteps were back.

She took a deep breath. If it was another abyssal demon, then she was done for. All her life she had been training to end them, but here she was, about to be killed by one within seconds. I can't believe I'm going to die this way.

"Just kill me already," she whispered to herself, slowly surrendering, but deep down she still wanted to fight.

She then heard a sword being drawn right behind her, causing her reflexes to response back to the sudden attack. She turned around and drew her rusty golden claw.

But it was no abyssal demon. It was a tall and muscular man wearing an armor-like jacket with a pair of black trousers and brown shoes. His hair was long and brown, sweat dripping from his forehead. A soldier, she assumed, but why would a random soldier be in the woods?