𝟵 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

Odette's POV.

The silver stars filled the sacred night, sparkling and shimmering against the blue-black sky. The night was always her favorite time to be outside with her loving swans, doing whatever it was she desired. The night in Azure Lake was always been an enchanting view, and Odette felt privileged to be able to witness it every single day in her life.

She went outside and stood by the swan lake, feeling the cool night air that gently kissed her skin. It was a magical night. It would always be.

"Hello, my loves," she greeted her swans, her voice tender. They looked up at their mother, swimming closer to where she was standing.

"I hope you're not tired of my dance," she continued, giving them a smile.

She took her white staff, which was now glowing, and placed it right in the middle of the garden as she summoned music with her magic. It was called Swan Lake, a musical piece composed by her mother. It was never meant to be known in all the lands, for it was a gift to her daughter, all because her beauty and grace reminded her of the majestic swans. Ever since her mother's death, Odette had always played the song every night to reminisce her past she wouldn't want to forget just yet.

Odette remembered how her mother taught her to dance. She said it was a great way to express oneself, and dancing was a must in the Regina family generation. A woman must impress nobody but herself, she remembered her mother say. Dance, my little swan.

She started with a plié, then slowly rose her body as her hands were above her head. She pointed he feet, surrendering her toes completely on the ground as she sidestepped effortlessly to the left.

She then spun around in perfect balance, feeling proud everytime she did it. This dance would always have a special place in her heart, even though she did this almost every day in her life. It would always feel like the first time, and Odette was glad it was.

She did another twirl then wrapped her arms around herself, feeling every inch of her perfectly imperfect body and how her mother taught her to be grateful for it. She opened her eyes slowly, observing the night sky as she continued her dance.

As she was spinning around in a graceful motion, she suddenly saw Lancelot walking in a distance.

"What a beautiful show, my princess," he said pretty loudly as he bowed before her.

"Oh, was it?" Odette faltered, stopping her moves. She had never experienced someone watching her, let alone praising her dance. Now that Lancelot was here, she thought she might get used to it.

"Why, of course," Lancelot said as he moved closer to her. "A beautiful mage with a beautiful talent, is there anything you can't do?"

Odette couldn't help it, so she blushed and looked down in slight embarrassment.

"Still nervous about my presence, Odette?" Lancelot asked, slowly closing the space between them. He lift her chin, his attention fully on her enchanting face.

"Why would I be?" Odette answered honestly. For the first time in her life, she finally found someone who she could feel comfortable with. All her life she had always been a lonely girl, despite the love her people had for her. She had no siblings whatsoever, and her parents died way too soon because of the cruelty of the abyssal queen, Alice. She remembered her grief too well, but she didn't want to let the feeling consume her. Ever since then she was with her guards, and even they show no emotions most of the time. They acknowledge her as a royalty and nothing more. She was left with herself and her alone with nobody by her side, until Lancelot came into her life in a tragic incident.