𝟭𝟲 - 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻

Alucard's POV.

"Don't go too far, Harith," he said, even though he barely left his side. He was so frightened his body trembled far too much. The demon hunter and the leonin were on their way to the Moonlit Forest to discover some way that would lead their triumph against the abyss.

Alucard knew this place very well. Too well. He remembered every tracks—which destination it would lead them to, and each destination had strange experiences to offer. Azrya Woodlands had always been a mysterious region of the Dawn, haunted by elves and more mythical stories humans told from generations to generations, but thankfully for him, Alucard was used to it.

"Alu, do you hear that?" Harith whispered as his body trembled more. Alucard did hear it. The odd yet familiar sound of it made him aware of whatever was going on somewhere nearby. He strongly gripped on his demon hunter sword, making himself prepared for whatever was going to strike.

He heard rustling noise of branches and leaves, not far from where they were standing. Azrya Woodlands was infamous for their wise moon elves, in which Alucard always found intimidating. Even if it wasn't an abyssal demon, he would only be slightly relieved to see a moon elf nearby.

But the question was answered not long after, when the creature behind the bushes revealed herself.

"So, you decided to return," she said, her voice low and steady. She was a moon elf, but she was one like no other. Her skin was so pale it was almost blue, and her white hair was sparkling against the moonlight. He knew her, and she looked beautiful.

"Miya," he said, his eyes fixed on her.

"Alucard," she replied, a smile slowly forming on her pale pink lips. Without hesitation, he ran to her and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back, her cold, delicate elven skin complemented his warm human body.

"How's life without me?" he asked as he let go, a smirk playing on his face.

"Boring, I must say," she said, raising a brow. "I'm happy you're here."

As untruthful she might seem, he was still glad to hear those words coming out of her mouth. She was known to be one of the most courageous elves in the region, but Alucard knew her much better than that.

"Who's the leonin?" Miya asked.

"This is Harith," Alucard said. "I rescued him from an ambush caused by none other than the abyss."

"Oh, are you the superhero now?" she challenged.

"I always have been," Alucard teased. She responded with a playful scoff. Her attention switched to Harith.

"I think I've seen you before," Miya admitted. "In fact, I might have rescued a friend of yours back in the Moonlit Forest."

Hearing her words, Harith's eyes then immediately sparkled like the stars. "Who?" he asked.

Miya turned around, calling a creature who might had been a victim of the ambush as well. Alucard didn't have a single clue who it was, but Harith seemed to know, for he was grinning widely.

"It's alright, Nana," Miya said softly, offering her hand. "I brought a friend."

Seconds later, a female leonin came out of the bush, revealing her short and tiny body. Her hair was bright pink with gigantic ears, furry and adorable. Her eyes were huge and blue, but they showed a look of fear.

But her fear stopped when she glanced at Harith, her long-lost friend. Her big blue eyes brightened, as a cute little smile started to form on her lips.