𝟳 - 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗱

Silvanna's POV.

"Well done, Chevaliers," she said, smiling proudly at her warriors. "You did a wonderful job today, and you will be better tomorrow." It was only the second week of trainings and their progress was beyond expectations, but Silvanna didn't complain, nor was she surprised. They were all experienced in their abilities. It would only take a lot of practice to fulfill their maximum potential and be prepared for any signs of abyssal hints. They should be ready.

Alucard never failed her. Day by day, he would always satisfy her with his incredible demon hunter sword techniques, and that, Silvanna assumed, wasn't even all his abilities. She knew he could do so much more with it, but he was not at all cocky. Alucard was practically perfect in combat, and Silvanna knew she could always rely on him when a battle went wrong.

Even though he was secretly good, Granger barely spoke, nor did he ever properly practice with his friends. Silvanna would find him playing his violin in a completely distorted melody in the garden, far from anyone's presence. Reminding him to train was hard, because he thought he was good, that was why he sometimes skip his training.

Since the day they bonded, Harith almost never took anything seriously. Silvanna could brush it off, but Tigreal could be disturbed once in a while. Leonins were never serious, and Harith was a good example. Despite his endless leonin jokes, Harith's magical abilities were exceptional, especially combined with Silvanna's, which made them an amazing pair when it comes to insane damage dealers.

"You are dismissed, my friends," she said. "Not you, Fanny."

Fanny's POV.

The amateur female assassin halted. Ugh. She let out a sigh of disappointment, knowing too well that she would most probably be scolded. She was upset she had never showed any improvements. Apart from the others, she had the worst progress, which made her felt very much undeserving of being a Moniyan ally. Do I even have any abilities? she thought. Fanny decided to come clean.

"Look, I know I've been terrible, but—"

"That's not exactly the word I would use," Silvanna cut in, her face was quite stern for a kind princess like her.

"You're about to kick me out, aren't you?" Fanny snivelled, looking down.

"And why would I do that?" Silvanna walked closer to her, lifting her chin up so Fanny could pay her full attention.

Because I'm a disaster. "I don't know," Fanny ended up saying.

Silvanna breathed. "Let's take a walk, shall we? Bring your cables along."

Fanny prepared them as she joined Silvanna for a stroll outside the castle, still not putting a slight smile on her forlorn face. She still thought it was a foolish dream; flying freely just like the birds, but giving up on her dreams was the last thing Fanny would do. She had always wanted this ever since she was a little until she even made her invention just to fulfill her dreams. There was no way she could give it up so easily, especially now that she was here in the Moniyan Empire, with the princess right by her side.

The two of them were out in the garden. Fanny inhaled crisp air as she closed her eyes, feeling the fresh sensation of nature in the early morning. It was a lovely day today, the cool morning breeze brought chills to her body, but was definitely not a lovely day for training. In fact, she almost never had good training days. Her friends were far ahead of her, and here she was barely even capable of using her own invention.

"You still want to achieve your dream, don't you?" Silvanna asked.

"More than anything," Fanny admitted, staying true to her purposes.